Yamaha rx-v1500 or Pioneer VSX 1014?

H

Homer Jay

Audiophyte
I'm new to your wonderful forum and wanted to give a big HELLO to everyone!

I currently own a Yamaha rx-v995 and have decided it is time to upgrade. I was leaning towards the rx-v1500, but then when I started researching it I came across the Pioneer VSX 1014. The both seem to be great receivers so now I'm a little confused on which one to get. By what I'm reading the Pioneer seems to be better with 2 chanel music and the Yamaha seems to have a ton more advanced features. I'm not too good a using the advanced features, but I'm sure I can learn them. I'm really just looking for the best bang for the buck.

Which one should I go for?

Any other suggestions for A/V receivers in the same price range?

TIA :)

dm_4u

dm_4u

Junior Audioholic
If you watch more movies than listen to tunes...grab the Yammie...you are used to the DSP modes and will be disappointed with anything less.

E

Electone

Audioholic
I seriously doubt you will hear much difference between the 995 and the 1500. Why do you want to upgrade? Is it for EX/ES capability? If you are just listening to 5.1, I wouldn't waste the money. The 995 is a very capable unit.

H

Homer Jay

Audiophyte
Electone said:
I seriously doubt you will hear much difference between the 995 and the 1500. Why do you want to upgrade? Is it for EX/ES capability? If you are just listening to 5.1, I wouldn't waste the money. The 995 is a very capable unit.
Well I have a HD televsion and cable box, but the 995 doesn't have any component video inputs/outputs. Is it worth upgrading mainly for this?

TIA

E

Electone

Audioholic
Homer Jay said:
Well I have a HD televsion and cable box, but the 995 doesn't have any component video inputs/outputs. Is it worth upgrading mainly for this?

TIA
Run the DVD and cable box component inputs directly to the TV and have the TV switch between inputs.

H

Homer Jay

Audiophyte
Electone said:
Run the DVD and cable box component inputs directly to the TV and have the TV switch between inputs.
Yes, that's how I currently have it set up. I just figured it would be nicer to be able to hook them to the receiver because the TV only has two component inputs and I really need an extra one so that I can also hook up my XBOX.

Other than that, it would be nice to have to option to use 6.1 or 7.1 in the future.

Oh well, I'm still undecided if I want to upgrade or not...but thanks for the info.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis