G

<font color='#000000'>New to the forum but have been lurking for a week or so.  Thanks everyone for the wealth of info!

I finally decided to upgrade my 15-year old Yamaha (yes, 15 years old and still cooking!).  This will be my third Yamaha and they have always performed well.  Based on comments, reviews, etc. I went with the RX-V1400 vs. the V2400.  I didn't think the added features warranted the extra $.  A little worried about not having the RS-232 port though.

I debated the use of an etailer but in the end decided to be safe and go with a retailer.  Mainly becuase of the warranty dilemma.  But, I also auditioned the Yamaha with Paradigm speakers and was blown away.  I felt if I wanted the Paradigms, I would get the receiver there as well.

All told, got the entire system for about 15% off MSRP.  I pushed hard for more (~20-25%) but they wouldn't budge.  Something about giving the product away .... yeah, right.  That would put the V1400 at ~ $680.

Here's the system:
Yamaha RX-V1400
Yamaha CDR-HD1300 CD recorder w/ hard drive
Paradigm Monitor 7
Paradigm CC-370
Paradigm Titans
Paradigm PDR-12 Sub

I'm fired up but will have to wait a little because some of the stuff had to be ordered.  That may have kept them from discounting a little more as well.  But, I wanted to post how I did in the hopes that others can use that info in their negotiations if they go the retail route.

Keep on posting!! I'll provide some feedback when I get the Yammie cooking ...... thanks all!</font>

SteveJ

SteveJ

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>$680's a pretty good being that its from a authorized dealer. Think of the extra money being spent as a few years of piece of mind. As far as going with the 1400 I think you will be hard pressed to tell the difference between it and the 2400. The guys at the shop where I bought my HX's at where quite high on this unit. Also the cash you saved there im sure helped buy those nice new speakers
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
G

<font color='#000000'>Congratulations on your new purchase. &nbsp;I just purchased the RX-V2400 because the local dealer was giving a 20% discount on it and only a 15% discount on the 1400. &nbsp;I am very pleased with the 2400 and my Monitor 7s, Version 1.</font>

A

abe

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>1400 is good enough.  don't think the extra 10W worth $200 :).   I have read the detailed the specs of both and couldn't justify the $200. &nbsp;Hence I've bought my 1400 from a local dealer and 100% happy with it. &nbsp; waaaaaay better than my good ol' RX-V496 which wasn't too shabby itself.

abe</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>[samuel adams]Yamaha is always a good decision.[/samuel adams] &nbsp;
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
R

RX-V2400

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>The 1400 is a great reciever and a good choice unless you can afford the 2400, just as the 2400 is a great reciever unles you can afford the Z1 which really IS a great reciever unless.........

20% from dealer is good for a dealer I guess putting it at $799. They are around at non-authorised places for about $699</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis