YAMAHA RX-A4A GOOD AV RECEIVER ?

S

Snatch28

Audiophyte
I'm looking for a new receiver and I was looking for a good entry level one.I have the possibility to buy Yamaha receivers for a little bit less then the street price but the RX-V6A and the RX-A2A don't convince me that much, more because all the mess with the HDMI 2.1 chipset and even if they supposed to be ok now I don't like the fact that the chipset is capped at 24 gbps and the fact that they needed to change it , I feel like I'm buying something crippled.
I was thinking about the RX-A4A but it's a little bit of a stretch for my budget even discounted but I could do it if it's worth it, unfortunately I couldn't listen it myself anywere around me, so I'm here to ask you ....what's the general consensus about this amp? Feature for me ar more then enough but i'm looking for something good with movies and music as well.
Would I be able to notice the difference beetween a cheap one like the RX-V6A even with a set of speaker like the Q320 series or similar ?
I'm trying to convince myself that I should spend more money get more but i really don't know if would be noticeable in my situation.
Thanks!!!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I'm looking for a new receiver and I was looking for a good entry level one.I have the possibility to buy Yamaha receivers for a little bit less then the street price but the RX-V6A and the RX-A2A don't convince me that much, more because all the mess with the HDMI 2.1 chipset and even if they supposed to be ok now I don't like the fact that the chipset is capped at 24 gbps and the fact that they needed to change it , I feel like I'm buying something crippled.
I was thinking about the RX-A4A but it's a little bit of a stretch for my budget even discounted but I could do it if it's worth it, unfortunately I couldn't listen it myself anywere around me, so I'm here to ask you ....what's the general consensus about this amp? Feature for me ar more then enough but i'm looking for something good with movies and music as well.
Would I be able to notice the difference beetween a cheap one like the RX-V6A even with a set of speaker like the Q320 series or similar ?
I'm trying to convince myself that I should spend more money get more but i really don't know if would be noticeable in my situation.
Thanks!!!
The major issue when you buy lower priced receivers, is that they tend not to last long. I think this has been true for the low end Yamahas as it has for others. Gear that blows up, and has a premature trip to the recycling center is an expensive purchase.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks!!!
One of my clients has been loving his KEF R11 towers with his Yamaha RX-A4A for over a year. He still texts me every few months to thank me.

So the A4A has plenty of power for his KEF R11 towers.

W

Wardog555

Full Audioholic
The real question is whether you actually need more than 24gb bandwith?
Do you game with a newer generation graphics card like the rtx 3000 and 4000 series?
Or a xbox series x?

If it's only for general media consumption like up to 4k resolution it won't matter.

I have the previous model of v685 and v2085 and they are wonderful for their purposes.
Could I tell the difference between them audio wise? When using only 5.1.2. I wouldn't say yes for definite.

Best regards!

ban25

ban25

Audioholic
You might consider the Onkyo RZ-50 which is going for $1200 on Amazon and has three 40 Gbps HDMI 2.1 inputs.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis