Yamaha RX-A3060: Video from HDMI, audio from Analog source

M

mlee

Audiophyte
Hi

I just bought RX_A3060 receiver couple day ago and I'm pretty happy with it. However, there's one thing that make me mad is that I don't know how to change audio source for HDMI connection. I mean I would like to have video from a HDMI input and audio from an analog input (Audio 3 input in my case). With Yamaha RX-V679, I can do it fairly simple, just map audio input source to whatever I want for HDMI input (The instruction is actually in manual). With the new receiver, I just can't do that, there's no longer similar option in input configuration.

I've read manual many times and have not found a clue. The receiver has input mapping but my understanding is it's only for other inputs not HDMI.

Please advise.

G

GaryML

Audiophyte
Hi, sorry for late reply, just been trying to do the same thing.

You can almost do what you want. Plug the HDMI feed into AV1-4, and the analog connection to the same AV1-4 analog connectors (just right of audio 1 - 3 input as you look at the rear panal). Then turn on the AVR and select that AV channel, this will give you hdmi video and hdmi audio. Press the option button, input settings-> Audio Select -> Analog.

Then you can use the scene or HDMI out button to turn the video on or off (as you said you wanted to assign audio 3 to an AV, assume you also want the video off sometimes!)

I hope this helps!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis