Yamaha RX-A3040 AV Receiver Dolby Atmos Review

• Thread starter Steve Pitbull Potenziano
  • Start date

Has this chaged your mind in wanting to try Atmos?

• Total voters
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Is that actually important? :D
Paying mortage enables me to live in a house which in turn gives me a room in which to put the equipment and the acoustics and electricity to enjoy the equipment. I guess getting the mortage payed off is not really a priority :p

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Paying mortage enables me to live in a house which in turn gives me a room in which to put the equipment and the acoustics and electricity to enjoy the equipment. I guess getting the mortage payed off is not really a priority :p
Paying off the mortgage is way up there in the priority list for me - definitely before high-end electronics and speakers. You know I was just playing. :D

Steve Pitbull Potenziano

Steve Pitbull Potenziano

Audioholics Bouncer
thank God I don't have a mortgage lol. That's my house free and clear but since all the editions and all the stuff I've done in the last 6 years I kinda drained my bank account hahaha. But definitely having fun with it either of you guys have movies you want me to check out on the system?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
thank God I don't have a mortgage lol. That's my house free and clear but since all the editions and all the stuff I've done in the last 6 years I kinda drained my bank account hahaha. But definitely having fun with it either of you guys have movies you want me to check out on the system?
Based on my IMAX experience, I think "Interstellar" would be an awesome surround sound movie to check out when it is released later this year.

Steve Pitbull Potenziano

Steve Pitbull Potenziano

Audioholics Bouncer
Deff Interested in checking it out when it released on true Blu ray audio

H

harry4200

Audiophyte
Listening Test Update:
  • I have run the animated movies Tangled and Finding Nemo with Atmos Enabled. I did notice a major difference in the surround effects with the Atmos configuration enabled vs. Dolby Pro Logic 2 or STX Neo 6. They offered quite a bit more pop and punch to the experience.
If there is a movie that you all would like me to test please submit it here. I would be more than glad to give it a go. Here is a link to YouTube video I posted.

[/QUOTE]

Nice Review Steve, thanks so much for sharing,

I too own a Yamaha rx-a3040, I really like this receiver. I noticed you are using an Emotiva amplifier, can you please explain, how you have it wired up? I am not very familiar with hooking up the amplifiers, you have it hooked up to the Front Pre-outs on the Yamaha? You mentioned in the video, that it's a five channel amplifier. I would like to set up for the dolby atmos as well, but I am little confused on how to hook up the amplifier.

If you don't mind sharing on how you have that Emotiva hooked up to the rxa3040, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you so much.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis