Yamaha Private Showing of new Products

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>All;

I was very fortunate to be invited to a private showing of Yamaha's latest product offerings last month in Ft. Lauderdale. &nbsp;Check out the details and sneak peeks of products to come....

Yamaha 2003 Private Showing of New Products</font>

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
<font color='#000000'>I would love to have your job.

Ya know I am gonna have to do what you guys do someday (after I graduate and get money)  Thanx to PTI I have all the tools I need, its just a matter of time.

Anywho  Wow, Gene not to sound rude or anythin but I would have guessed you to be older.  And its nice to see who I am talking to.  I hate the internet because I like to talk to people face to face more.

And Dammnit I want a RX-V1400 now.  1300 doesnt have a mic that perfectly calibrates my system, or bass management.  

Its really cool that you got this chance for your own personal tour.  And To see face to well... I get ya a pic if want.

:)~

Bob</font>

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>Thanks for the age compliment Bob
 Actually I turn 30 next month  

As for jobs, you may not be aware but Audioholics isn't my day job.  I work (in a Dilbert cube) as a Design Engineer by day for a government defense company and as a diehard Audioholic by night  
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
Jaycan

Jaycan

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Any mention of a Yamaha DVD-video/DVD-A/SACD player with firewire output for mating with the RX-Z9?</font>

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>Yes. &nbsp;It will be in my part II write upo coming soon...</font>

A

_audiouser_

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>Gene,

Can you verify this

&quot;I am pretty sure if you add an external two channel amp, you can have 7.1 + front effects.&quot;

That is so totally cool if you can do this.  

About that possible 3400 unit you're going to mention (OK I hope)  maybe some DPLIIx action? Some MSRP?

Dolby Labs web site shows the Z9 as having DPLIIx as both a upgrade and as &quot;included&quot;, which is it?

Oh ya,  how about Yamaha + LCOS?  Supposedly JVC is licencing third parties  ( I know it's not likley).

one last thing,  Pictures pictures pictures !!!

Please
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>Lucky you, really envy you. Seems like the Yamaha speakers were a hit with you too, would be interested if you intend to do some review on their mid/high end speakers like the NS-777 and NS-8HX.</font>

Jaycan

Jaycan

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Hello Gene
I had mentioned previously in a different thread that I emailed yamaha about 2 wks ago inquiring about an upgrade to the RX-V3300. Yesterday I received a reply from Pete Gutierrez
&quot;There are no upgrades available for this receiver.&quot; Whether that means that the V3300 will be phased out unchanged in favor of a newer, better offering, I have no idea. What do you think?</font>

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>It will probably be a year or so before Yamaha offers products to bridge the gaps between the 2400 and Z1 and Z9....
Kinda odd, but that seems to be the plan.</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis