Yamaha MusicCAST Digital Audio Music Server Revie

<font color='#000080'>We had a good time reviewing the new Yamaha MusicCAST Digital Music Server. This unit had the capability to store my entire CD collection and stream it wirelessly to a client located in another part of the house. Using your imagination, you can see where this device might come in handy. Wireless audio throughout the home from a centralized server, digital PCM storage of your entire CD collection, creation of customized playlist CDs with the included CD-R drive... the list goes on.

We found the unit to be a solid performer (not to mention a FAST CD ripper), with excellent MP3 and PCM audio playback and compatibility with existing 802.11b networks. Though the unit is priced out of reach for some, it is an impresive system for those who want the latest and the best.

Read the full review

[Edit: Appended new post to include new in-wall Client PR]</font>

<font color='#000080'>A few months ago we reviewed the Yamaha MusicCAST system and thought it was a great tool for a whole-house streaming client-server solution. Yamaha now introduces the compact MCX-C15 MusicCAST In-Wall music access Client. The MCX-C15 is capable of receiving streamed audio from the MusicCAST Server, and was developed based on requests and suggestions of consumers and custom installers.

This is a logical progression for MusicCAST as the client, although well-design and modern-looking makes much more sense attached or embedded into the room, with playback access via remote control. One thing I think they'll need to add (doesn't seem to be included) is a two-way basic 4-line LCD remote that can display information about song selection and playback from the client. I could probably read the display from about 8 feet away, but why strain if you don't have to?

[Read the Press Release]</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis