D

dskuntz

Audiophyte
speaker placement for yamaha ns-500m
anyone know how they were use as monitor's also any tips on hieght set up closeness to walls
thanks dave

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
speaker placement for yamaha ns-500m
anyone know how they were use as monitor's also any tips on hieght set up closeness to walls
thanks dave
What is the year of production?

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I was thinking how to answer this. It's not that easy. The mildest way to put it is that these are an acquired taste. They are not well liked all over. Something like Klipsch. You have klipsch-heads who say only Klipsch can make a good speaker and the rest that say they'll never get there.

Also, what bothers people the most is that these were not very accurate but were widely used in studios with a lot of that skewed opinion that it is a good thing to have speakers sounding so harsh because if you can get it to sound right on these, it would sound good on anything. In the end the truth was that (as expected) you'd tune the material to sound good just on these and it would be "muddy" and lacking highs on most other speakers.

It is not my intention to criticize your choice, but I write this to explain why I would expect these to perform better placed in such way to minimize highs and accentuate lows. Like no toe-in (perhaps, experimenting needed) and closer to walls to get the reinforcement of low end.

They allow for some high and mid adjustment, you can try to combine those with positioning.

It's a sealed box, not that hard to drive, goes down to 40Hz... Here are some specs if you can use them.

Attachments

D

dskuntz

Audiophyte
Thank you very much for your detailed information I listened to these back in the '80s in a store set up right next to the NS1000M's so it's really hard to tell plus I was so long ago you think you remember how they sounded but we all know how sounds can play tricks on our ears but I do remember being fond of both sets of speakers fortunately for me The easiest setup I have available to me is to have them close to the wall pointing straight out anything else I would have to rearrange more stuff so let's hope you're right thanks again for your response sincerely Dave

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis