Yamaha LPX-510 LCD Projector Review

One of my favorite pastimes is sharing “movie nights” with my friends. Typically, “movie nights” have essentially been small gatherings where some of our friends came over and congregated in front of the big screen TV to watch the latest DVD release. With the 3-chip Yamaha LPX-510 LCD projector, “Movie Nights” took on a whole new meaning.

The LPX-510 is the first projector we've experienced that came nearly perfectly calibrated from the factory. Its impressive resolution, high (real) contrast ratio and deep black levels make this possibly one of the best home theater LCD projectors on the market.

Read the Review

Attachments

T

Tyrant

Enthusiast
That was a great review, thanx! The bad news for me is that it's made the Yamaha alot more tempting to buy, but it's not really in my price range right now :mad:. I was wondering if more projector reviews were in the works and if so, is the sanyo plv-z2 on that review list. On paper, it has similar specs(ie. brightness and contrast and connectivity) but alot less in asking price. I was just wondering if the difference on-screen would be noticable enough to warrant the extra money for the Yamaha. I was also wondering if the Studiotek is the screen of choice for totally light-controlled rooms(which is what I have) Alot of vendors still try to push the Firehawk regardless of whether there is some or no ambient light in the HT room.

Tyrant

Either the Studiotek or the Greyhawk screens are the ones to get if you're into ISF certified screens (best color and contrast representation.)

We are absolutely going to be doing more projection and display reviews in the very near future. I'll try to stop by the Sanyo booth at CEDIA and make sure they're on our short list.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis