Yamaha HTR5740 Monitor Out Question

• Thread starter John Pendergast
  • Start date
J

John Pendergast

Enthusiast
I have a Yamaha HTR 5740 and have successfully hooked a monitor to the monitor out video connections on the back of the unit. However, the users manual indicates that besides seeing the video on the monitor I should also be able to see (for a few seconds), the input selection, volume level, sound field selection, etc. that appears on the front display of the receiver. My unit does not seem to show this information. This is important to me because my unit is behind a wood door and I cannot see the units display, so I need it to project on the monitor to see what selections I am making from the remote. Does anyone know if there is a setting that I need to do, or is my unit somehow malfunctioning? Or is it that this feature is not available and the user's manual is wrong? Thanks for any input. JMP

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
I have a Yamaha HTR 5740 and have successfully hooked a monitor to the monitor out video connections on the back of the unit. However, the users manual indicates that besides seeing the video on the monitor I should also be able to see (for a few seconds), the input selection, volume level, sound field selection, etc. that appears on the front display of the receiver. My unit does not seem to show this information. This is important to me because my unit is behind a wood door and I cannot see the units display, so I need it to project on the monitor to see what selections I am making from the remote. Does anyone know if there is a setting that I need to do, or is my unit somehow malfunctioning? Or is it that this feature is not available and the user's manual is wrong? Thanks for any input. JMP
first make sure that osd is turned on, second which connection are you using for monitor out? Some connections will not work with all osd

J

John Pendergast

Enthusiast
My apologies, but I am not sure what you mean by osd. I cannot find that in the user manual either. Could you explain this and how to turn it on? if this is obvious and I am missing something my apologies for taking your time on this.

I have used both the composite video monitor out as well as the component video out, with the same result: I get the video fine but no volume, input or sound filed selection information.

J

John Pendergast

Enthusiast
OSD means On Screen Display, Duh!

OK, so any idea how OSD is "turned on" on a Yamaha HTR 5740? I still don't find anything in the user's manual. I have tried the connection to a monitor with both composite and component video cables and get the same result: the video comes through but no OSD of volume levels, input sources, sound field selections, etc. Thanks, JMP

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis