Yamaha? Good deal ?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai

How would you ask to prove it works and does it have remote ?

Reptilians invading in year 2025
Tesla spoken to them

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
Well I would just ask, however I would be careful how you ask seeing that it's next to their knives and scissors.
Better question is why are you asking us ? You show us all these different items, and ask us whether you should get it, is it a good deal, etc ? And yet you never get it.[/QUOTE]

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Well I would just ask, however I would be careful how you ask seeing that it's next to their knives and scissors.
Better question is why are you asking us ? You show us all these different items, and ask us whether you should get it, is it a good deal, etc ? And yet you never get it.
[/QUOTE]

I did get the last system I asked about I just don’t see we’re on forums to post your systems . Just anywhere ?

Tesla spoken to them

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I have that receiver in my garage! Lol. It’s worth 10 bucks if it works for sure.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I have that receiver in my garage! Lol. It’s worth 10 bucks if it works for sure.
I had a hard time finding the exact model as a newer model shares the same number . Just his model # does not include first few letters so I asked for more information

Tesla spoken to them

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
First letters are htr.
HTR-5830

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What's wrong with your Onkyo 818? Just collecting more junk?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
What's wrong with your Onkyo 818? Just collecting more junk?
That’s a good question. My 808 was slightly better than the 818 iirc, but it could absolutely destroy that little Yamaha.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That’s a good question. My 808 was slightly better than the 818 iirc, but it could absolutely destroy that little Yamaha.
Nope, 818 was a higher end model (at least for Audyssey, had XT32 (but not the SubEQ feature oddly). But think that's how the numbering went (and 929 was next up) Even has an actual active crossover for bi-amping purposes. I wanted one back then :)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Nope, 818 was a higher end model (at least for Audyssey, had XT32 (but not the SubEQ feature oddly). But think that's how the numbering went (and 929 was next up) Even has an actual active crossover for bi-amping purposes. I wanted one back then :)
Yeah my memory is a little fuzzy lol. I had remembered the number structure differently in that the middle number 8X8 was for the generation, but was the last one. So generations were 805, 806, 807 and 808 etc.
What I meant to say was, excluding audyssey, the 808 was better on the bench. For some reason I seem to remember that after the 805(which I recall was a beast) the 8xx series Onkyos started going downhill in bench tests despite their ratings. No matter now I guess, mine’s long gone. Served me well.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah my memory is a little fuzzy lol. I had remembered the number structure differently in that the middle number 8X8 was for the generation, but was the last one. So generations were 805, 806, 807 and 808 etc.
What I meant to say was, excluding audyssey, the 808 was better on the bench. For some reason I seem to remember that after the 805(which I recall was a beast) the 8xx series Onkyos started going downhill in bench tests despite their ratings. No matter now I guess, mine’s long gone. Served me well.
Not sure....was thinking that too that they're simply from different nomenclature and they're a few years apart. I think the 818 listed for perhaps less than the 808 now that I look. The 809 I was thinking basically had the same amp section as 818 too....then there were some Onkyos with 4 digit designations like the 3009 and 5009.....purposely confusing it seems :)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Not sure....was thinking that too that they're simply from different nomenclature and they're a few years apart. I think the 818 listed for perhaps less than the 808 now that I look. The 809 I was thinking basically had the same amp section as 818 too....then there were some Onkyos with 4 digit designations like the 3009 and 5009.....purposely confusing it seems :)
Oh yeah, I remember the double ought ones too. Confusing for sure. Still better than HSU...

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Oh yeah, I remember the double ought ones too. Confusing for sure. Still better than HSU...
818 is a monster but the two models before it I think had a more robust amplifier with higher tested wattages . HOw much higher I have no idea , I’d like to find 809 or one before 818 someday .

Tesla spoken to them

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Don’t all popular big brands have similar robust amplifier as the onkyo or no?
The 809 was more powerful then most flagship amps today .

Tesla spoken to them

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Still no response from Eseller he is missing in action ?

Tesla spoken to them

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
818 is a monster but the two models before it I think had a more robust amplifier with higher tested wattages . HOw much higher I have no idea , I’d like to find 809 or one before 818 someday .

Tesla spoken to them
I had that NR818 loved it! It had a nice robust amp plus just about all the bells and whistles to. Both my Son and I had one and as you would guess they both got the Dreaded black screen. Onkyo fixed both at no charge but they both started Acting up after a few months. Switching Sources they both wouldn’t change sound fields had to change it to the sound field you wanted. I’ve tried a newer Onkyo NR 656 good unit My youngest Son has it used it for over a year it’s in his son’s room now still going strong. I may down the road try Onkyo again but not anytime soon.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I had that NR818 loved it! It had a nice robust amp plus just about all the bells and whistles to. Both my Son and I had one and as you would guess they both got the Dreaded black screen. Onkyo fixed both at no charge but they both started Acting up after a few months. Switching Sources they both wouldn’t change sound fields had to change it to the sound field you wanted. I’ve tried a newer Onkyo NR 656 good unit My youngest Son has it used it for over a year it’s in his son’s room now still going strong. I may down the road try Onkyo again but not anytime soon.
Why do hdmi fail so often in onkyo my board failed was fixed , and has worked ever since but one year I had issues were it would not get the signal . Cannot you just use opticial or coaxial cable if hdmi fail ?

Tesla spoken to them

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Why do hdmi fail so often in onkyo my board failed was fixed , and has worked ever since but one year I had issues were it would not get the signal . Cannot you just use opticial or coaxial cable if hdmi fail ?

Tesla spoken to them

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis