U

Unregistered

I have a RX-V 1000. When I play a DTS encoded Laserdisc or DVD and enable DTS both on the receiver and the DVD player I get no sound whatsoever. Dolby Digital 5.1 plays fine. Is there some adjustment I am missing? I have been through the manual three times and can find nothing else to set.

I have hooked up both analog and digital inputs for the laserdisc and DVD players.

The receiver displays the DTS light on the panel.

J

jzac

Audioholic
Unregistered said:
I have a RX-V 1000. When I play a DTS encoded Laserdisc or DVD and enable DTS both on the receiver and the DVD player I get no sound whatsoever. Dolby Digital 5.1 plays fine. Is there some adjustment I am missing? I have been through the manual three times and can find nothing else to set.

I have hooked up both analog and digital inputs for the laserdisc and DVD players.

The receiver displays the DTS light on the panel.
Sounds like a similar prob I once had not too long ago! :) You probably forgot to change the audio setting on your DVD player to 'Bitstream'. Also, get rid of the analog cables, and just leave the optical link in there. You don't need analog and optical working together unless you have a dvd-a or a sacd combo. That should do it. Give it a whirl and see if that fixes it.

JVC

JVC

Banned
Even though dts may be enabled on receiver and player, you still HAVE to go into the movie's menus, in the Languages or audio setup, and choose the dts track. It WILL NOT automatically choose the dts track, like it does the DD track. Even after choosing the dts track in the movie's menus, wait for the movie to actually start, before deciding if dts is working or not. Most of the lead-in stuff at beginning of movie is not dts.
Good luck! :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis