A

Air_Force_MSgt

Audiophyte
Still Active?, I was surprised too!

Wow, kind of surprised this is still active :D For the time being, the A-1000 is retired; the input selector switch is having some slight issues, and instead of making it worse, I've decided to let it just set idly by, waiting for me to dissect the switch. Still gobs of power and as long as I wiggle the switch correctly, it'll stay fine. As soon as you use the remote to change input... time to get up and wiggle it, so not much point in using the remote. I have an idea on how to rebuild the contacts in the selector switch, but since I'm not inclined at the moment to do anything about it, it will come at a later date. Amplifier section still romps though :D So, not dead, but patiently waiting my hands of labor to bring it back to 100% again. And... chances are if you see these pictures on Ebay or anywhere else... they are lying ;)
I have a unit like this with all factory boxes and manuals and extras. I pulled it out last night and it did not work after many years of non-use. It was working. If you get this message anybody gets this post you can email me directly with any info. I was going to try and sell it. But after reading this post I see it is a good piece. I paid over 1000 dollars for it new. rtr_chevl1967@yahoo.com

S

Silvermachine

Audiophyte
Yettitheman, Could I just ask what the fix was for the original fault? I was just given one of these amps to use as parts for another amp but I found the dsp-a 1000 functions but only with the dsp on. Turn it off and the audio drops significantly to a very low volume. I'm presuming there's a way to fix this as the selector works fine on this one so I'm thinking once I can get the audio level up in bypass mode it should rock?

G

Geri

Audiophyte
Hi All. I got a DSP-a1000 recently. I am using it with one pair of speakers and the sound is very flat. Treble, bass knobs make it only sound dull or not so dull. Switching through the sound fields (disco, rock, concert hall, etc.) doesn't make a difference at all. Got myself a remote control, because only this way you can edit the sound fields, thinking that they were deleted due to not being used for a long time . Unfortunately, this did not help the sound at all BUT it remedied the jiggly input selection knob - I am not losing the left channel anymore when I select the input via remote.
Any thoughts on the sound would be appreciated.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I'm still running a Yamaha DSP-A3090 in my living room with a Sony DVP-S7000. They both sound great and never had a problem with either one. Some stuff just doesn't die.
I had that combo and miss it! The 3090 is so smooth and warm sounding. Good o'le days. Enjoy.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Ha, This 2007 thread just refuses to vanish into obscurity

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
I use the DSP-A3090 now as an amp to my deck speakers...I will continue to "find" uses...

D

david hernandez

Audiophyte
'"When I first got it, the audio was almost inaudible, even with the volume maxed out... but I fixed it :D"

I have the same issue.... What was the fix?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I seem to recall the issue was with the potentiometer on the back of the amplifier.

It says "Main level" next to it and is right by the preouts.

M

Mark Elmy

Audiophyte
Recently picked up a 3090 off ebay (the charity site cut off the power lead which was a downer) (listed as not working or they knew nothing about it etc) but a block connector mounted inside the chassis connected to an old computer kettle lead fixed everything.
The 3090 is now in my garage to annoy the neighbours (only joking .. not)
This means I can now attend to my A1000 input selector.
Bought genuine A1000 input selector, took off the top, bottom covers & front ... unscrewed a couple of screws which loosened the i/p selector
now what? whats next?
Don't want to apply any BF/PI
Anyone seen any guides on the web?
I have the service manual .. but its far from obvious
Any help apreciated.
Cheers
Mark

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis