K

kyrano10

Audiophyte
Hi all, I have a Samsung smart tv with optical to RCA cable but not getting any sound on my Yamaha DSP A 1000 . Please confirm what input should they go into the amp. On tv settings / external speaker what is also to be selected as Dolby option is able ? I f I can remember PCMI or something similar was an option.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Should work if you've already got it converted to analog by connecting the rca cables to any of the analog inputs on your Yamaha.....what optical (digital) to rca (analog) converting cable/device do you have?

Don't know what your tv options are particularly but external speaker and spdif output setting of PCM is the likely setting, would be on my Samsung. What Samsung do you have?

K

kyrano10

Audiophyte
Hi, attached is the model TV , screenshots & adapter I bought for your reference . Sorry . Files too large
TV model UA32K5500AW

Neoteck

111 192kHz DAC Converter

Optical to RCA

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I see both a converter box style that cables plug into plus one that has a small box in line with the optical/rca cables (this one https://www.amazon.com/Neoteck-192kHz-DAC-Converter/dp/B01MRII0D1/ref=asc_df_B01MRII0D1&mcid=b4847921de203d3cb0bf28c204e442b1?tag=bngsmtphsnus-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=80401905753939&hvnetw=s&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584001439056129&psc=1 ). If that converter functions correctly you should be able to do what you want. The amp has worked with your other gear before this?

K

kyrano10

Audiophyte
Correct the amp was able to play movies before the smart tv came about . This is the reason why I bought the optical to RCA adapter . Does not seem to like it . Is there any specific input I should use . I tried AUX , Phono & TV/DBS . I'm having not luck . TV is set to external speaker / PCM . The Dolby digital option is not an option for some reason

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Correct the amp was able to play movies before the smart tv came about . This is the reason why I bought the optical to RCA adapter . Does not seem to like it . Is there any specific input I should use . I tried AUX , Phono & TV/DBS . I'm having not luck . TV is set to external speaker / PCM . The Dolby digital option is not an option for some reason
I've no experience with those adapters. Shouldn't matter as to the input, except phono (as that has a special eq applied to it and is intended for lower input levels suited to playback of vinyl).....as long as it's an audio rather than video input :) Make sure you're selecting the right input and don't have any settings that interfere (not that familiar with your unit, but if it has something like a tape monitor circuit perhaps). Dolby digital output may not be possible on optical with your unit, not sure, the manual for the tv isn't helpful; on the other hand you don't have multich capability so no point to using it (PCM is 2 ch).

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
My last sentence made me wonder about the converter, the ones I saw were only optical to 2.0 analog rather than 5.1 analog.....if you had the 5.1 analog output you might be able to use Dolby Digital.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis