Yamaha Announces RX-V2600 Receiver with HDMI Upconversion & Scaling!

E

EastCoaster

Junior Audioholic
An Update on Yamaha RX-V2600 and HDMI Issue

gene said:
Dark Fiber;

Please check out this thread regarding your HDMI Issue:

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=94641&postcount=8
Hi there!

Does anyone have an update on the RX-V2600 HDMI issue? My 2600 will not pass through an HDMI signal from my Motorola DVR (i.e., the Yamaha is acting as an "HDMI Repeater", and the software on the DVR isn't allowing it).

Are people still experiencing this issue, or has everyone been able to solve this? My dealer doesn't have an answer, and I've been begging Comcast for a firmware update, but they are heming and hawing, looking at their feet, and apologizing for "not providing me with excellent service..." It's so aggravating that no one knows what they are doing! :mad:

INTERESTINGLY - one guy reported that his RX-V4600 did not experience this problem! He said: "yes my 4600 works perfectly. according to yamaha that is because it is 4 months older. i agree its fishy why would a more up to date receiver work less well with hdmi then a newer one" Read the thread here:

http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/3/191818.html

Anyone??

T

tremtt

Audiophyte
Now I'm REAL confused!!?

Im a newbie..so forgive me if this has been resolved.

I just bought the Panasonic TH-50PHD8UK TV monitor and have a Scientific Atlantic 8300HD Digital Cable box provided by Adelphia Cable. I was just about to buy the Yamaha RX-V2600 until I started seeing these posts about it maybe not being compatible with the 8300HD. Is this still true?? And is it only not compatible if I connet with HDMI?? I was planning on connecting the tv, receiver, and DVD player with only component cables for now as no one seems convinced that HDMI is that much better for the extra costs. Am I getting the full power of my system if I use only component cables??? Since Im paying alot of money for all this I wanna make sure it Rocks!

Also, I now also need a new DVD player since my current one isnt even progressive scan. Any suggestions? I hear maybe to wait until the end of the year when the new technology (Blue Ray, etc) is coming out. I dont really wanna wait that long though. I need one now!

Any help on suggested setup would be greatly appreciated!!!!! Thanks!

L

ltaggart

Audiophyte
Tremtt: I have the EXACT same TV and STB and have the RXV2600....Trust me, the picture quality over component is great (ESPECIALLY so in hi-def--watching the Olympics as I'm typing this....Unbelievably clear picture)....

I too was a little concerned about the HDMI/HDCP issue, but after seeing the picture quality over component it is a BIG non issue...

By the way, I have the Panasonic S97....For my eyes, picture quality is top notch using it and the 8UK plasma....Others have complained about the macroblocking issue but I have not seen any of it...

E

EastCoaster

Junior Audioholic
tremtt said:
Im a newbie..so forgive me if this has been resolved.

I just bought the Panasonic TH-50PHD8UK TV monitor and have a Scientific Atlantic 8300HD Digital Cable box provided by Adelphia Cable. I was just about to buy the Yamaha RX-V2600 until I started seeing these posts about it maybe not being compatible with the 8300HD. Is this still true?? And is it only not compatible if I connet with HDMI?? I was planning on connecting the tv, receiver, and DVD player with only component cables for now as no one seems convinced that HDMI is that much better for the extra costs. Am I getting the full power of my system if I use only component cables??? Since Im paying alot of money for all this I wanna make sure it Rocks!

Also, I now also need a new DVD player since my current one isnt even progressive scan. Any suggestions? I hear maybe to wait until the end of the year when the new technology (Blue Ray, etc) is coming out. I dont really wanna wait that long though. I need one now!

Any help on suggested setup would be greatly appreciated!!!!! Thanks!
You will need to check with your cable provider to see whether your HD box (or DVR) allow HDMI switching. The Yamaha receiver is acting as an HDMI repeater, and this must be allowed by your HD box's software. If the software isn't updated, you won't be able to use HDMI from your HD box to the Yamaha and through to the TV. Instead, you'll have to use component cable into the Yamaha, and then HDMI to your TV. Not the best solution, but that's what you'll have until your cable provider decides to upgrade it's boxes or their software (call them and yell at them). It's unlikely to be the Yamaha, as so many people have posted on here.

T

tremtt

Audiophyte
Thanks....

I just spoke to my Adelphia Cable guy and he said that the HDMI output on my SA 8300HD cable box is up and running. I just need to figure out if its worth it now to buy the $150 HDMI card for my panasonic plasma and another $150 for the HDMI cable when alot of people seem to say that component is just as good as HDMI....so confusing...

Thanks ltaggart...Is this the wrong place to be asking about what macroblocking is?? As I said, Im new to this!!

N

ned

Full Audioholic
I'm choosing between Denon 4306 and this. Is Denon's Audessy feature worth not to have over RXV 2600? Thanks for your opinion.

C

congo

Audiophyte
Receiver with hdmi upconversion

Hi guys,

I'm not much of an audiophile. But am looking to buy an inexpensive receiver with HDMI upconversion. I have a Toshiba 62 inch dlp TV with hdmi input connected to a Kenwood receiver with 5.1 setup. My dvd players are not hdmi, however. Any ideas?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis