Yamaha and Ascend Acoustics Trends

B

BriReeves629

Audioholic
Who's offended? We're just trying to figure out wtf you're talking about...
I’m talking about the Yamaha owners seem to be the only ones trying to “sell” their brand. Posting a link for the guy to purchase a Yamaha seems a little more than what was asked. I see it all the time and it seems to me to be the Yamaha brand that happens more than others.

I own an Integra and I always boast how much I like it, but in this thread I mentioned a friend’s taste. I wouldn’t try to sell Integra or Onkyo in this thread because I don’t own Klipsch speakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I’m talking about the Yamaha owners seem to be the only ones trying to “sell” their brand. Posting a link for the guy to purchase a Yamaha seems a little more than what was asked. I see it all the time and it seems to me to be the Yamaha brand that happens more than others.

I own an Integra and I always boast how much I like it, but in this thread I mentioned a friend’s taste. I wouldn’t try to sell Integra or Onkyo in this thread because I don’t own Klipsch speakers.

More often than not, folks around here recommend Denon or Marantz. Myself included. My last 4 receivers were one of those brands. I know of a couple of guys who will recommend Ascend, but not exclusively, and not like they're the be all end all in speakers. I see Salks or Phils recommended a lot on the high end and overwhelmingly the AA's on the budget side. As has been said already, folks tend to recommend or fanboy on what they own. I'm not gonna recommend Ascend to anyone because I have never listened to them. I am however, probably the biggest SVS fanboy on this site for their Ultra line of speakers, lol.

We had a guy who posted here for a while who would almost get into verbal fistfights if anyone had anything negative to say about DefTech... Good thing you never saw any of his threads. You'd be thinking we all get our panties in a bunch over defending DefTech...

You need to surf a few more threads. Before making generalizations like that.

B

BriReeves629

Audioholic
Perhaps then it is just a coincidence on my part. I sound crazy in this thread... haha, but I had to ask! Thanks for the input.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
A lot of people post links like that. In that particular case, it appears dude was more showing off his google-fu by showing the deal he found on one of the specific models the op posted about. *shrugs
I don’t see any fanboy, product bashing BS at all.
I’ve seen it elsewhere, but not that thread IMO. :)
Back to posting links, do you have a suggestion on how we should help people research and learn about shopping or showing deals where posters are asking for assistance? How would you handle that? Amazon is a cool tool as it is easy to find product, show available costing, and they usually include enough info to do initial research on those products.
Unless somebody is posting text like this:
BUY THIS!
...next to and around the link, what’s the problem?
Besides, for anybody on this thread, how many times have you had to help somebody with a google search? ;)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Perhaps then it is just a coincidence on my part. I sound crazy in this thread... haha, but I had to ask! Thanks for the input.
At least you asked and were civil about it. That's always appreciated here.

I think maybe you saw something that wasn't there upon closer inspection. I was having a li'l fun with ya, but was never offended, lol.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
BUY THIS!
Sneaky, sneaky sir!
Besides, for anybody on this thread, how many times have you had to help somebody with a google search? ;)
I'm an 8th dan blackbelt in advanced no-gi Google-Jitsu. I've applied my skills often. :p

B

BriReeves629

Audioholic
A lot of people post links like that. In that particular case, it appears dude was more showing off his google-fu by showing the deal he found on one of the specific models the op posted about. *shrugs
I don’t see any fanboy, product bashing BS at all.
I’ve seen it elsewhere, but not that thread IMO. :)
Back to posting links, do you have a suggestion on how we should help people research and learn about shopping or showing deals where posters are asking for assistance? How would you handle that? Amazon is a cool tool as it is easy to find product, show available costing, and they usually include enough info to do initial research on those products.
BUY THIS!
I think posting links is great assuming that is what is asked for. In this case, I didn’t see where the OP had asked where to buy. I’m not sure he even posted what his budget was. I interpreted his question as how much power did he need for the Klipsch and also which brand paired well with the Klipsch. In his initial post he had already priced out the different models. Again, it has always “seemed” to me that the Yamaha fanboys tend to post links to purchase more so than other brands. Now I believe I was wrong.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think posting links is great assuming that is what is asked for. In this case, I didn’t see where the OP had asked where to buy. I’m not sure he even posted what his budget was. I interpreted his question as how much power did he need for the Klipsch and also which brand paired well with the Klipsch. In his initial post he had already priced out the different models. Again, it has always “seemed” to me that the Yamaha fanboys tend to post links to purchase more so than other brands. Now I believe I was wrong.

That's because "Yammy" told them to :)

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Which post(s) are you talking about? I see folks recommending Denon/Marantz and even questioning the value of Yamaha?
Exactly - This guy is seeing what he wants to see. KEW even recommends avoiding the Yamaha A880, which I completely agree with. I'm not seeing evidence for his argument at all...

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I'm an 8th dan blackbelt in advanced no-gi Google-Jitsu. I've applied my skills often. :p
My favorite is Google-shaming a person that says they can't find something and then posting the link to the Google search page with their description typed into the search field. Its particularly effective when you see the OP within the first 30 seconds and post your results 30 seconds later. :oops::p:cool:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
My favorite is Google-shaming a person that says they can't find something and then posting the link to the Google search page with their description typed into the search field. Its particularly effective when you see the OP within the first 30 seconds and post your results 30 seconds later. :oops::p:cool:
Yes lmgtfy links are fun.

B

BriReeves629

Audioholic
Exactly - This guy is seeing what he wants to see. KEW even recommends avoiding the Yamaha A880, which I completely agree with. I'm not seeing evidence for his argument at all...
What argument?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
That link appears to be forcing me to open it with tapatalk... I don't do tapatalk.
That’s right pogray!!!! Tapatalk does YOU!
Lol, how’s it going brother?

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That’s right pogray!!!! Tapatalk does YOU!
Lol, how’s it going brother?
Not bad, not bad. Tool is actually supposed to be releasing their new cd by the end of next month! I'm so excited! (Eeek)! :p So I blew the dust off my collection and have been jamming Lateralus and 10,000 Days every day. Have you heard any of their new stuff? They've been playing a couple songsday from the new album in concerts.

I'm also wanting to revisit that idea of sending an lfe signal to the sub sections of my towers and dsp'ing them along with my subs... :oops:

How 'bout you man? All is going well I hope!

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
I've owned many and i do mean many two channel and many AVR's. Pioneer, Onkyos, Yamaha's, Harmankardon's Sonys ES and Marantz never had a Denon, oh and a highend NAD processor that unit set me back 3g's alone. Out of all them I liked the Onkyos yeah I did. I still may get me a Onkyo. My AVR I have niw is a Yamaha it's a good unit is it my favorite or the best? No way, from my research lately I like what Denon has to offer, Marantz are nice AVR's prices are a lil high but than you get what you pay for, most of the time. Out of the top flagship units that I can afford, Yamaha, Denon or Marantz would come down to who has the lowest price for me. Yamaha does have a very good reliability record. But if you go on accessories4less you'll see that Yamaha has just as many refurbs as all the others do. I really liked my Onkyo 818 it was the only unit (AVR) that dialed in my two Subs correctly. Just wish they didn't have the dreaded HDMI board problem. But from what I have been reading up on they Onkyo has beefed-up their HDMI boards. So maybe I'll try out a new Onkyo. I really love this hobby, AH and the old timers on here are some of the best on the web I've made sone very good friends on here, Gene and his Staff are the best out there. PENG, ADTG, TSL Guy, M Code, Loveinthehd are great guys with a ton of knowledge that they share freely. Great place to come and hang out in!!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Not bad, not bad. Tool is actually supposed to be releasing their new cd by the end of next month! I'm so excited! (Eeek)! :p So I blew the dust off my collection and have been jamming Lateralus and 10,000 Days every day. Have you heard any of their new stuff? They've been playing a couple songsday from the new album in concerts.

I'm also wanting to revisit that idea of sending an lfe signal to the sub sections of my towers and dsp'ing them along with my subs... :oops:

How 'bout you man? All is going well I hope!
Yeah man, I’m hanging in there. Took some hits lately but life is funny, should work out ok.

I saw some of the new stuff awhile back, but it was definitely not finished lol. Sooooo pumped for the new album. Can’t remember exactly what the lawsuit thing was but daaaammnn what a waste. Could’ve had 3 more albums in that time.
I can’t remember, did you talk to Ed about the LFe-xperiment? I’d be puckered up but those are badass speakers so...
It was like 87°( or too hot) but like 62% humidity or something. Felt like 120° lol.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I can’t remember, did you talk to Ed about the LFe-xperiment? I’d be puckered up but those are badass speakers so...
It was like 87°( or too hot) but like 62% humidity or something. Felt like 120° lol.
Gene actually popped into my thread and thought it would work. He's doing (or did) something similar and was pleased with the results. Unfortunately he never answered my follow up question(s)...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis