Yamaha and Ascend Acoustics Trends

B

BriReeves629

Audioholic
Did you at least post this over at avsforum?
Lovinthehd you are acting like a “fanboy”. Just kidding...

I apologize guys if it was not a thread posted here. I wasn’t sure which forum that thread was posted.

I don’t visit AVS forums much anymore. There is way too much bickering over there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Lovinthehd you are acting like a “fanboy”. Just kidding...

I apologize guys if it was not a thread posted here. I wasn’t sure which forum that thread was posted.

I don’t visit AVS forums much anymore. There is way too much bickering over there.

More an AH fanboy in this case :)

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
That said: fight the battle by getting exposure to as many different products as you can, and be willing to learn something new!
Excellent advice! "exposure" is a good word as it is not limited to auditioning and user experience either. It could be technical research too, such as reading, analyzing available information about the products.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I reported this thread and requested the op be banned for bashing and hating on Yamaha and Ascend.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
So I have noticed a rend on here with Yamaha owners and/or Ascend Acoustics owners. They seem to aggressively sell you on these two products and if you post anything negative these owners get very defensive. They also seem to be very adamant that these products are far superior to anything else and are quite vocal about it. I am not trying to start a negative post here, but I have noticed that the trend seems to come from the owners of these particular manufacturers more than others. I was wondering why this was? Either by circumstance or some history I am not aware of regarding Yamaha or Ascend Acoustics here on Audioholics I’m not sure. It is something I have noticed is all.

Interesting, do you have examples of this?

I have the Yamaha 3060 and Ascend Acoustic towers. And while I think it's pretty decent gear, I have never tried to argue that it's the be all end all, because it's certainly not, LOL. It's a relatively inexpensive set up, and I enjoy music and movies with nice sound. People here are pretty passionate about their audio, and thy're certainly "fan boys" for a lot of different brands, but to single out two...??

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I reported this thread and requested the op be banned for bashing and hating on Yamaha and Ascend.
I have discussed this matter with a lawyer and will be pursuing litigation against the OP for slander. This scurrilous attack on these fine upstanding businesses will not go unpunished!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
B

BriReeves629

Audioholic
I am not trying to offend anyone. I just have noticed a pattern is all and was wondering if anyone else had or if there was something about these two brands that I was unaware of. This was just a curiosity.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I am not trying to offend anyone. I just have noticed a pattern is all and was wondering if anyone else had or if there was something about these two brands that I was unaware of. This was just a curiosity.

Which post(s) are you talking about? I see folks recommending Denon/Marantz and even questioning the value of Yamaha?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
One other thought as I was re-reading this... those Yammies are supposed to run cool, but you need to be sensitive to the placement requirements of your expensive electronics. Most AVRs recommend having about 6-8" of open space on all sides (top, left, right... so they can cool and vent heat, properly). Also, neither of those two Yammies will fit inside the console you are talking about: according to BDIs's specs, the interior depth is 16". The 1080 is 17.25" I think, and the 2080 is just over 18.5"... plus you need several inches for cables. (I did not see any reference to an open back on that, though it would appear you could simply not install the rear panels.)
Yet just sticking with a brand doesn't always do that. Of my two Denons, the newer one (4520) is far simpler to navigate/use....the old one (3808) is a bit trickier (almost a bit of the old days when you needed Batpig's Denon-to-English dictionary),altho neither of the manuals of mine require that much help as those older ones (a roommate of mine had one of those, tho).

Using my Onkyo is a bit different but its an older Audyssey based one so not terribly different, altho the setup menu is quite a bit different. My oldest, a Sony, doesn't have so many features as to think about it much.
Typical internet hearsay.

Until he pairs his Klipsch with a Yamaha (or another brand) and believes nothing pairs with the Klipsch quite like his Yamaha (or another brand). :eek:
Avoid the A880. Yamahas less expensive models took some pretty sorry short-cuts! The A1080 or higher should be fine. That said, I think you'd be fine since you are driving Klipsch which are an easy load. However, if you end up with different speakers, the A880 may fail you!

Denon generally represents the highest value for your dollar, IMHO! However, the ideal time to buy any AVR is right after the news ones come out (buy last years model, there is not often a significant difference and you generally can save 30-50%).
If you need an AVR today, you need it today, but if you have an old unit laying around to buy a few months with, wait for this years closeouts!
"Denon generally represents your highest value" stood out to me...

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
So what is wrong with being a “fanboy”? It’s a personal opinion that nobody has to accept. There’s no punishment for going a different way.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

Who's offended? We're just trying to figure out wtf you're talking about...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis