yamaha a710 or the a720

C

carko

Audiophyte
I am being forced into the new age of tv's and have to also get a new receiver. I can get the yamah a710 for a very good price or the normal price for a yamah a720. I will also be getting apple tv to go with the system. Is there any advice on which you would go with? It is hard to trust the sales people.

S

Sgratien

Audioholic Intern
If you are going to get an Apple TV anyway, go with the 710. The biggest difference between them is that the 720 has airplay, which you get with the Apple TV.

C

carko

Audiophyte
thanks. airplay was the only difference i was seeing but posted to see if somebody knew more then i did. trouble is finding the 710. it is online but i dont trust some of those sites. will keep looking.

A

ACsGreens

Full Audioholic
I would get the 710. Airplay can be cool, but that is the only difference. If anything, the 710 will play nicer with longer HDMI runs and Baluns if the need ever arises. They have a firmware update which brings back Pandora and Sirius, which were origionally ommitted. Good Luck, enjoy!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Are you sure about the Apple TV? :D

I mean for $99 you can get the Panasonic 220 BD WiFi Network player that has more streaming channels than Apple TV, plus play BD, DVD, CD, etc.

I do like AirPlay a lot. It's actually the ONLY reason I got the Apple TV (my Denon AVP-A1 doesn't have AirPlay). For streaming, I use my Panasonic BD.

Apple TV has very limited streaming channels compared to Panasonic - like no Amazon Instant Video and a few others.

So for me, I would get an AVR w/ AirPlay.

Too bad you missed out on the open box Denon 3312s from Amazon that were selling for around $500.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis