• Thread starter james higgerson
  • Start date
J

james higgerson

Audiophyte
just installed my yamaha 770 receiver to replace my old onkyo-all is well but I have a strange readout on the unit It reads--STB Refsw Desi --any ideas what this means ?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
No problem. I can dig a little deeper later on. That was one of the first things that popped up, and seemed like it could fit. I should have asked what STB you had. In any case, I would guess it means the same thing. Does it display this message constantly?

J

james higgerson

Audiophyte
yes it displays the message constantly-thinking of calling the geek squad from best buy-but costly alternative.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Did you try a soft reset of the units involved (unplug them from power for a while)? Resolution error points to display? What is it?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Does not matter what your TV service is. You have a resolution set up error.
Go into the video set ups of your satellite box, receiver and TV and make sure all the resolution settings are correct. The error is most likely in the settings of your satellite box.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I haven’t seen this error on my 770.

Wanted to post something else on my Yamaha A770 in my bedroom system. Just wanted to say that the 10/4/2018 firmware update has fixed my Apple Airplay issue on my 770. My new iPhone was seeing all my other gear but not the 770 so I was using Bluetooth for that as a work around. But now airplay is working from my new iPhone to the 770 just fine. Never saw any airplay issues on my 2060 or 681 Yamahas but those are 2016 rather than 2017 series. I also did firmware updates on the 2060 and 681 and haven’t seen any differences on those since the update.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis