Yamaha 2500 warranty question

Y

yvkulkarni

Enthusiast
Hi all,
I am trying to buy new HT system. I have decided on Yamaha 2500 and Infinity TSS 750.
I read on Yamaha site that warranty is not valid if not bought from authorised dealers. I am planning to buy from internet site "Authorised Electronics". They have price of $579. Seem to have good reviews. Do you guys feel its ok to buy from them .
Also, Can you comment on my choice.
Thanks
Yatin

T

t3031999

Audioholic
They are not an authorized yamaha internet dealer.
So you won't have a yamaha factory warranty.

I have bought yamaha products from unauthorized dealers and have had no problems. Yamaha stuff has great build quality and is very reliable so the chances that you even use the warranty is slim.

It looks like that company offers their own warranty, but it still requires you to trust them.

So if you trust them and are feel ok with out the yamaha warranty, then go for it. It's your decision.

Y

yvkulkarni

Enthusiast
Hi t3031999,
Thank you for this reply as well. I think I will buy from them. I have heard very good opinions about Yamaha build quality on this forum and I think its not too risky to go with this vendor.
Is buying $99 -5 year warranty from Philips worth it. (I was suprised Philips is into this business) But "Authorised Elctronics" sells this plan.
Thanks
Yatin

T

t3031999

Audioholic
That extra warranty would be a nice safety cushion if you ever did run into problems.
Once again, it's up to you, but for only $20/year that's fairly cheap peace of mind.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
For an extra 50 to 100 bucks . . .

For an extra 50 to 100 bucks . . .
buy the receiver from an authorized dealer and get the factory warantee.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis