Yamaha 2500 Pure Direct vs. Yamaha 2400 Direct Stereo

T

taxman150

Enthusiast
Just curious how "pure direct" in the 2500 differs from "direct stereo" in the 2400. I know a review will be posted shortly here, but I have a 2400 and my curiousity has gotten the best of me as I use direct stereo for much of my 2 channel listening since my front speakers can provide enough bass on their own without the sub. I would assume that it allows you to turn off more video circuitry for a clearer audio path, but I'm wondering if it would really result in a noticeable improvement over the 2400's direct stereo mode.

I'm also interested of course in hearing about any notable differences in sound quality between the 2400 and 2500. My guess would be that these models sound largely similar.

In looking at the comparison chart here at Audioholics, while some of the other changes, like the YPAO improvements, are assuredly nice to have, none of the other 2500 improvements make me want to run out and sell my 2400 for a 2500. If they would have added a firewire connection, that would be a different story.

Of course, I will be eagerly awaiting the review regardless.

Thanks,

Mike

M

marius

Enthusiast
My 1500 has both pure direct and direct stereo mode. I can't tell the difference between the two. I prefer 2-channel stereo anyway due to my speakers being "small" (my speakers are B&W FPM5's). I do like the cool blue light when pure direct mode is on though. :p

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis