Yamaha 2500 EX Questions

V

Vader80

Audiophyte
I bought a Yamaha 2500 last week and I think it sounds great. The only problem is I can't get the THX Surround EX or Dolby Digital Surround EX to come up as a listening mode. I checked my Denon DVD played for set up and everything was OK. I get DTS-ES/DTS-so I'm kinda confused.

R

rschleicher

Audioholic
Not to belabor the obvious, but I assume that you have already checked that your back surround (1 or 2) speakers are enabled (or, that you even have back surrounds in addition to surrounds)? The EX/ES modes are only relevant for 6.1 and 7.1, and can't be selected if you only have a 5.1 set-up.

Doug917

Doug917

Full Audioholic
The number 8 key on the remote will toggle between egaging/disengaging the surround back channels. This is the easiest way to engage the channels.

B

BobbyT

Junior Audioholic
Doug917 said:
The number 8 key on the remote will toggle between egaging/disengaging the surround back channels. This is the easiest way to engage the channels.
To add a little to this, if you have enhanced surround selected that is what will show on the receiver. But enhanced is layered over DD EX and DTS ES. You can also layer DPLIIx over DD and DTS and then layer enhanced over it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis