A

andrewknowles

Audiophyte
I know this is a really novice question but I recently got 2 NHT Classic 3s, a CLassic 3 Center, and 4 Absolute Zero surrounds, with a Yamaha RX-V663 Receiver, and a Yamaha YST-SW315 Sub. I need to know what cables to use to connect my sub. I've read several things and I figured if I threw out the actual model numbers of my stuff then someone could tell me what to get and where to connect (There are sub preouts, reg sub, etc,) . I only have the one sub right now so I'll worry about a connection for two some other time.

Thanks for any help!! I can't wait to get it up and going...except I live in an apartment. :cool:

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
A lot of subs include both left and right sub inputs but that is mostly for convenience in case you need both just as many subs will include left and right high-level inputs when the vast majority will not use them.

If you want to drive two subs from a single sub preout from a receiver then yes you will need a y-adapter/splitter. If your sub includes both left and right sub inputs, in general you only need to use one if you connect to the sub pre-out on a receiver and the manual for the sub wil usually say which one to use (normally the left input only). If you have two subs, you'd split the sub pre-out from the receiver into two and connect one end to each of the sub's left inputs.

E

Exit

Audioholic Chief
The sub cable is the same as an RCA style interconnect cable. You can also buy a single strand RCA style cable of varing lengths (i.e. subwoofer cable) for cases where you want to locate the subwoofer around the room at some distance from the receiver.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis