XPA-7 Gen3 power ratings

M

massacre

Audioholic Intern
So the ratings on the emotiva xpa-7 states 200 At 8ohm all channels driven but is that 20-20k like the monolith amps?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
From the product page on Emotiva's site under "specifications":

Power Output: 300 watts RMS/channel; 20 Hz – 20 kHz; THD<0.1%; 8 Ohms; one channel driven.
550 watts RMS/channel; 20 Hz – 20 kHz; THD<0.2%; 4 Ohms; one channel driven.
300 watts RMS/channel; THD<0.1%; 8 Ohms; two channels driven.
490 watts RMS/channel; THD<0.1%; 4 Ohms; two channels driven.
200 watts RMS/channel; THD<0.1%; 8 Ohms; ALL SEVEN channels driven.

Hard to know without asking Emotiva what the omission of the bandwidth is....I do see this tho https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/amplifier/power-amplifier/emotiva-xpa-gen3-power-amplifier-review/

Last edited:
M

massacre

Audioholic Intern
the monolith is on back order till july. emotiva is doing 30% back on your purchase so I can get two amps for $100 less than the monolith. just thinking the specs on the web look off to me thanks.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
There's possibly something to the omission, exactly what hard to know without asking them. Why the concern about the ACD ratings particularly? They don't mean a lot unless your content has equal energy in each channel simultaneously....

M

massacre

Audioholic Intern
The reason is I don't want to buy the xpa-700 and found out that I should have waited for the monolith to be
back in stock. I am all about performance for my dollar thanks.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
By everything I've seen and heard, I would wait for Monolith availability. (FWIW)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
By everything I've seen and heard, I would wait for Monolith availability. (FWIW)
Yup. Agreed. Unless I needed something fast.

Hell, if I was aware of it when I got my Monolith I could easily have been talked into that 3-Fer deal Outlaw has had going with their monoblocks. A deal which I just now see has ended... bummer. I was gonna link those as a great alternative. Three 200 watt monoblocks for $799.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Yup. Agreed. Unless I needed something fast.

Hell, if I was aware of it when I got my Monolith I could easily have been talked into that 3-Fer deal Outlaw has had going with their monoblocks. A deal which I just now see has ended... bummer. I was gonna link those as a great alternative. Three 200 watt monoblocks for $799.
D@mn, I had hoped they would keep that going for a while. Thanks for crushing my fantasies on the rocky crags of reality. :mad:

:p;):cool:

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Ryan's hopes and dreams...

pirate-ship-wrecked.jpg

:p

For real tho, that bums me out too. I had just discovered how to get to the right page to find them! It's almost like they were trying to hide it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Ryan's hopes and dreams...

View attachment 34862

:p

For real tho, that bums me out too. I had just discovered how to get to the right page to find them! It's almost like they were trying to hide it.
It did go on a good long while....maybe we sent too many over there! :)

As to a choice between Emotiva and Monolith, I tend to lean towards the Monolith if only because of Gene's problem with Emotiva on his flagship amp they couldn't repair....

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
ATI makes the Monolith amp (ATI also make the Monolith HTP-1 pre-pro).

So if you’re asking if Emo is in the same league as ATI, the answer is HELLS NO. :D

Definitely wait for the Monolith like everyone says.

E

EscapeV3locity

Junior Audioholic
And its October and we are still waiting for the Monolith to be in stock...time to purchase that Emotiva

B

Bonscott

Audioholic
And its October and we are still waiting for the Monolith to be in stock...time to purchase that Emotiva
You can have the best employee in the world. But if they don’t show up to work they are worthless

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis