Xboxweasel's PC speakers v3

xboxweasel

xboxweasel

Full Audioholic
It's been a while since I posted any pictures. Hope you enjoy. I shared these pictures a while back with my co-workers. The only reply I got was "Nice sheet skin. Where did you get it?". I tell you, some people have no taste. :cool:

As some might know, the Klipsch Speakers are left over from my HT setup (I upgraded/side-graded to Yamaha and then finally to Paradigm). Since I still like the Klipsch sound (as so does my girlfriend) I could not part with the Klipsch. However, I did sell the RS25 surrounds. I found a cheap used amplifier locally. Once I got that, I connected the whole mess to my PC. Oh, how I do like tower speakers. The Paradigm Atoms were a nice step up from typical PC speakers, but the Klipsch are a huge leap forward. :eek:

The amplifier is a Harmon Kardon PA2200. From my research I put it around the late 1980's to early 1990's. 100W is lots for these speakers in such a small room (10' x 10'). It runs a little (ahem) warm. At least I will be saving on my heating costs next winter. ;)

The mixer is used for gain control. I don't trust the PC software volume controls. :D

A Behringer A500 would have been nice. I would not need the mixer. Unfortunately, no one was stocking them last December. Heck, some of the Behringer authorized dealers did not even know about the A500 until I called them. :rolleyes:

Attachments

xboxweasel

xboxweasel

Full Audioholic
Woohoo

I got a reply. :D Thanks. Yes, very interesting. And bulky. I love running these towers at full range. No need for a subwoofer.

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
how's the soundstage and imaging with them beside you. Certainly not how i'd choose to set some speakers up :)

xboxweasel

xboxweasel

Full Audioholic
Maybe not. But it works, and the speaker are getting some use (and not collecting dust).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis