XBox X or for Plex???

S

Stereoguy

Audioholic
Hi: Trying to decide which device is best for my Plex media streaming in terms of which one will use all the modern formats such as Atmos DTS-X etc...on video side 4K 60 is just fine for me need HDR 10 + & Dolby Vision on video side. Using a Sony OLED TV circa 2020(HDMI 2.0). Looking at either a X Box X or a PS5 or perhaps a Shield Pro to do my Plex streaming?Thanks for the help!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I run it on my PS4 and PS5 and it works pretty well. The app on the PS4 is pretty solid, but on the PS5 it tends to have some minor issues and they haven't released as many updates for it. Video and Audio quality are solid though.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Hi: Trying to decide which device is best for my Plex media streaming in terms of which one will use all the modern formats such as Atmos DTS-X etc...on video side 4K 60 is just fine for me need HDR 10 + & Dolby Vision on video side. Using a Sony OLED TV circa 2020(HDMI 2.0). Looking at either a X Box X or a PS5 or perhaps a Shield Pro to do my Plex streaming?Thanks for the help!
Unless MS has changed something, Plex isn't allowed to output "HD audio" from the xbox. At least, that was an issue for the xbox one. If they've fixed that it should be a great platform for plex.

Personally, I use my consoles for games and then have a Shield TV or Google TV for everything else. The Shield will always be my preferred device since it "just works".

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I used to use a Fire TV for most streaming for the same reason, it also "just works" for almost everything, but the PS4 and PS5 are both better with D+ and Plex. Netflix and Prime seem about the same on the Fire. The Fire was relegated to the 2nd system because the remote is damaged and apparently can't be replaced because it is an older model, but when I got the PS5, but PS4 went in there instead.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis