Xbox one s as a 4K BDP/Roku replacement?

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
Thinking of jumping on one for the holiday sale. Don’t do a lot of gaming nowadays, but I have been looking for a decent UHD bdp. The Xbox will run me an extra $40 or so over the price of some of the cheaper BDP models I’ve stumbled upon on amazon, the major reason for considering it is that it is currently the only player that supports Atmos over Netflix currently, is one of the few devices that will allow me to use HDR on my tv (vizio sort of half assed their HDR FW update for 2016 E series TVs, with it only functioning on a few bdps and the Xbox one s). My other option on the table is the Samsung k8500 refurbished on eBay for around $130. It is also on the list of hdr compatible devices for the vizio, and the current Samsung j6300 BDP I own has been by far my favorite BDP. The up scaling is fantastic compared to my tv, and the apps/features work fairly well.

I figure the Xbox price difference will make up for itself by allowing me to sell the Roku anyways. Anyone have any experience using it as a “media hub”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis