XBox 360 vs Denon 3805 Component Problem

rom3

rom3

Audioholic Intern
I bought an Xbox 360 (Modern Warfare 2 bundle, I believe this an "elite" version of the xbox 360?) for my son for Christmas and am having problems hooking it up through my Denon 3805 receiver to my Samsung DLP tv. This TV supports 720p native and 1080i. I am using component cables (not included with bundle :mad:) from xbox to Denon 3805 to Samsung tv.

When I hook the system through the Denon and choose 720p in the xbox 360 control panel, I get an HD picture, but it is shifted about 4" to the right showing a black bar down the left side of the screen. The picture looks good otherwise - no flicker or anything. When I hook the system directly to the tv, all is fine. When I change the xbox to 1080i, the picture is fine, centered in the middle where it should be. However, it doesn't look as sharp to me (tv down-resing image I think?). I would prefer to have it set to 720p.

Anybody run into this problem? I have tried changing the Denon component input mode to "AUTO" and "COMPONENT" which doesn't fix the issue. I have a Wii hooked up the exact same way (through the Denon), and it works fine, although the Wii is only sending 480p (I think?).

Thanks!

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I bought an Xbox 360 (Modern Warfare 2 bundle, I believe this an "elite" version of the xbox 360?) for my son for Christmas and am having problems hooking it up through my Denon 3805 receiver to my Samsung DLP tv. This TV supports 720p native and 1080i. I am using component cables (not included with bundle :mad:) from xbox to Denon 3805 to Samsung tv.

When I hook the system through the Denon and choose 720p in the xbox 360 control panel, I get an HD picture, but it is shifted about 4" to the right showing a black bar down the left side of the screen. The picture looks good otherwise - no flicker or anything. When I hook the system directly to the tv, all is fine. When I change the xbox to 1080i, the picture is fine, centered in the middle where it should be. However, it doesn't look as sharp to me (tv down-resing image I think?). I would prefer to have it set to 720p.

Anybody run into this problem? I have tried changing the Denon component input mode to "AUTO" and "COMPONENT" which doesn't fix the issue. I have a Wii hooked up the exact same way (through the Denon), and it works fine, although the Wii is only sending 480p (I think?).

Thanks!
According to manual there is 4 component inputs which # are you using? Just for fun switch out the Wii and put the Xbox in its place and see if the issue continues if not than it's the input itself put if the problem persists then we have to find another solution.

Last edited:
rom3

rom3

Audioholic Intern
Thanks for your help. :) I forgot to mention in my original post that I did try switching the xbox to the component input that the Wii was in, and it did not fix the issue. The Denon 3805 has 3 component inputs and 1 component output to the TV/monitor.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Just a thought, I wonder if the Denon is trying to up-convert the signal even though you have the Xbox set at 720P?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis