Xbox 360 pricing official

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
I have wireless for my xbox when I have friends over to play halo 2, 4 controllers all with cords gets to be a hassle but they'll burn through batteries in a few hours, maybe I shoul have bought the nicer logitech ones. I dont use wireless b/c I dont want to worry about the delays doesnt happen ofter, but it does happe, i have the cool one with the fans built in so your hands stay nice and non sweaty.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Maybe its a sign that the xbox is inferior?.. :p

That's pretty cheap for a lastest and greatest...(well not greatest :p ) console.
Even though the PS3 is a grand.. its continuos computing power is double the xbox's, so it is valid.

You know how the saying goes, you want the best, you gotta pay.

sheep

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Sheep said:

That's pretty cheap for a lastest and greatest...(well not greatest :p ) console.
Even though the PS3 is a grand.. its continuos computing power is double the xbox's, so it is valid.

sheep
That pricing has nothing to do with whether its inferior or not, Its a price that microsoft knows will sell a lot of consoles to the average consumer, which will in turn sell a lot more games, accessories, xbox live subscriptions, and etc. I bet they loose money on ever console sold, but they will more than make up for it selling everything else that goes along with it. That is why Microsoft has bought some of the game developing companies and is why they set it up to only use microsoft certified accessories and add ons (we'll see how long that lasts b/f a way is found around it). The point is the money isnt made on selling the consoles, its made on the 100's or 1000's ppl spend on everything else for it. For example, I have one xbox $150, at one time I had over 50 games for it, now which do you think made them more money? Microsoft can afford to lose money selling the 360 for that price, I have a feeling sony can't afford selling at a loss.

Tsunamii

Tsunamii

Full Audioholic
Sheep said:

sheep
The current Xbox nets Microsoft a loss for every box sold. I think its like $80 or somthing. The next gen will also be sold at a loss. The value is seen in selling software and not the hardware. They are also selling lower to make it hard for cash strapped Sony to keep up. Oh the "cash strapped sony" comment is from a few reads over the last week not my quote id have to dig up what finincial house said it.
The cell processor looks very cool but still not proven in the market. Lets see where the chips fall. I want them both :)
On the Wireless controlers I never had a problem with them but the batterires are an issue. The recharge pack is a must for me. Ive been using the wireless IR to RF controler I first saw on here and have most of my equipment away so more wireless is better for me on this next box.

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

I think the games will cost more like $60 apeice- pretty steep, IMO. Is that price really $300 without a hardrive? :eek: Man, that blows bigtime. After having a regular 'box I don't think I'll be very interested in having a machine with no HD...and $400 is a lot of change for a game console.

Hmmm...I was pretty stoked to get one, but now I'm not so sure. We'll see once I get to see one.

Tsunamii

Tsunamii

Full Audioholic
On who has a "faster" machine etc here is a post that is interesting from inquierer.net

""SO IBM hypersters are claiming their cell chip can do two teraflops per second. what about the lastest power5??? Go to IBM.com and find out here.
There you can see the latest and fastest power5 dual core processors can do 56.78 Gigaflop/sec in an eight way configuration. That's 16 Power5 cores combined, and the total is only 56.78 gigaflops for 16 lowly Power5 cores, or, about three gigaflops/per core. which makes sense, a float point operation takes more than one clock to finish, and each power5 core has probably two or more FP units...

So, there is no magic, you can't possibly do more than one instruction in one clock in one unit. You can do multiple if you have multiple units. To have 1000gigaflops, you will need 500 units each operate at two gigaflops.

A teraflop means 1000 gigaflops, so IBM is claiming that one PS3 is 2000% faster than an eight way power5 server selling at half a million bucks??"

Many people like to throw around things like PS3 is 2x more powerfull then X360 or the reverse X360 with the architecture will keep up with PS3 and not have to use the raw processing power that the PS3 architure will require. There are alot of geek facts in the background that make these statments very hard to qualify. Both systems are going to rock we do know that. The current Xbox is more powerfull then the PS2 there is not much argument about that, though the graphics are better on Xbox the games that are out for the systems are still the selling points for most, so who has the more "powerfull" system will, IMHO, not be a selling factor to most as it is assumed on message boards.

Sorry about the spelling... working on another project right now....

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
I dont really care which one is the more powerful, I like the xbox and the games that come with it, thats why I'll get a 360 and the $399 combo with all the accessories, looks like a great deal for anyone who plans on playing a decent amount of online games. I can't wait to play games in true HD, not that they dont look great at the 480p now that most of the games come in, but 1080i with full 5.1 sound should be amazing.

Tsunamii

Tsunamii

Full Audioholic
Spiffyfast I totaly agree. I cant wait to see what Ghost Recon looks like :)

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Tsunamii said:
Spiffyfast I totaly agree. I cant wait to see what Ghost Recon looks like :)
I think Ghost Recon was one of the ones they had on that special on MTV showing how cool things looked, it was almost like watching a CGI movie, I can't wait for the thing to come out, its gonna be so fun

Zer0beaT

Zer0beaT

Junior Audioholic
Spiffyfast said:
I wonder if they will have a web browser you can d/l and buy a wireless keyboard/mouse.
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/8862/Xbox-360-QWERTY-Keyboard-Revealed/

Looks like there will be a keyboard at some point (probably when FFXI is released which apparently won't support voice chat, thus it needs a keyboard of some sort since it's an online MMORPG) according to these photos from some game conference few months ago. Other pictures of accessories etc. here too.

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

More bad news- the "core system", at a whopping $300, doesn't look like it will even include a memory card, nor a second controller. So you can't even save your friggin' game unless you pop for a $40 memory card. :mad: Buying the training-wheels version and adding the HD will be a screwjob of epic proportions, too.

I was pretty stoked, but it's looking like the nex gen machines will simply be more expensive and less useful. The original Xbox has a HD and can be used as a mini media server already. My main concern is that since the HD will be optional, not all manufactures of games will choose to support it, as MS is not requiring that they do so.

WndrBr3d

WndrBr3d

Full Audioholic
Rob Babcock said:
More bad news- the "core system", at a whopping $300, doesn't look like it will even include a memory card
We actually discuessed that here (bottom of the page), and M-Systems announced that the Xbox360 (Xbox2 at the time) was going to have internal compact flash insted of a hard drive. So expect probably 256 -> 512mb internal CF storage.

J

Jedi2016

Full Audioholic
Which still hasn't been confirmed, you know. You keep bringing it up, but I've yet to see it mentioned in any of the official specifications for the Xbox360. If you have something more concrete than a news posting from a year ago, I'd like to see it.

Tsunamii

Tsunamii

Full Audioholic
"at a whopping $300" what are you talking about? The last generation system was the same price, that can hardly be considered "whopping". There are PC video cards that go for more then $300 and most of the good ones are. Keeping with the same price structure of the last generation system, IMHO, would be considered not only reasonable but out right great. When you add up the costs of the extras the $400 system has it is a no brainier to get that one.
I have also not seen any talk of an internal CF drive since that article. I think there were allot of options being explored at that time and not all of them made it to the final cut, you would think it would be on the Official specs.
I found an interesting comparison of the PS3 and Xbox360 that some might find interesting (link below)

http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-x-1985-x-x-x?tag=boxcar_all_features_image

For what this thing will supposedly do it can hardly be considered expensive in my option. It IS a luxury item - but it it priced very aggressively considering there will be additional price reductions once early adopters buy in.

Tsunamii

Tsunamii

Full Audioholic
krzywica said:
If you guys don't remember the ps2 was $400 on the release day. I still remember how awesome Metal Gear Solid 2 looked.

Here is a link for the ps3 and 360 game trailers.

http://www.e3insider.com/newsroomArticle.aspx?articleID=VDCG2C3D6G

http://www.e3insider.com/newsroomArticle.aspx?articleID=B8AAIBRB1V
In Japan it launched the PS2 launced at $368 but in the US it launced at $300 (299), not $400. This read talkst about the price of PS2 at launch and "Putting Xbox 360's Price in Context"

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/643/643170p1.html

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis