S

skers_54

Full Audioholic
I got an x-sub the other day, hooked it up through the LFE input and everything worked great. I was watching a movie tonight, and the sub just quit playing in the middle of it. I checked the settings on my receiver (Marantz 4001) and everything seemed ok. I played some rap music, thinking that should trigger its auto-on, but it didn't. I tried hooking it up through the line level and speaker level inputs but had the same result. Does anyone have any ideas about what's going on? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
From the photos, it looks like it has an indicator light on the back near the power switch. What color is that light, or is it even on? A lot of subs will have the light turn green when the amp is powered on, and red when the amp is powered off.

S

skers_54

Full Audioholic
The light was red. I thought it might be the fuse, but I unplugged it from the wall for a couple hours and it worked when I plugged it back in. It's really weird, and I'm still curious as to what caused it. Hopefully it doesn't happen again...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The light was red. I thought it might be the fuse, but I unplugged it from the wall for a couple hours and it worked when I plugged it back in. It's really weird, and I'm still curious as to what caused it. Hopefully it doesn't happen again...
I'm glad that it's working again!

You said that you just got it. Did you buy it new from AV123? If so, I would definitely contact AV123 if I were you. They have a one year warranty on those, and you shouldn't have to unplug it and plug it back in to get it to work. Maybe it's nothing and their support staff will be able to help diagnose the problem over the phone or e-mail, or maybe they'll replace it.

S

skers_54

Full Audioholic
I did buy it from AV123. It did the same thing this morning again. I'm starting to think that its not a problem with the x-sub though. I plugged it into a different outlet and it worked right away so I might have overloaded the original outlet. I'm going to keep experimenting and see if that solves it. I will give AV123 a call on Monday and see what they think. Thanks for your help!

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
What is your subwoofer gain set at on your receiver, I would try to increase that because it will increase the voltage being sent to the sub. Maybe this will help to trigger the auto on better on the sub, it might also help the sub not to turn off during movies.

I would register your x-sub on the AV123 website also, by registering your product that will extend your waranty an extra 2 years and you will then have a 3 year waranty.

S

skers_54

Full Audioholic
I originally had the sub level at +5 on the receiver. I tried moving it up to +10 (the max) but it didn't help. The x-sub has a non-defeatable trigger, so I can't set it to always on unfortunately. The different AC outlet helped for about 5 minutes, then started shutting off again. Now I can only get it to play for about 10 seconds before the light turns red. On AV123's forum, a guy said he had a similar problem, and they sent him a new amp and that fixed the problem. I read on the forums that some people had gotten bad amps with trigger issues. I'm starting to think that I'm one of those lucky people.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I originally had the sub level at +5 on the receiver. I tried moving it up to +10 (the max) but it didn't help. The x-sub has a non-defeatable trigger, so I can't set it to always on unfortunately. The different AC outlet helped for about 5 minutes, then started shutting off again. Now I can only get it to play for about 10 seconds before the light turns red. On AV123's forum, a guy said he had a similar problem, and they sent him a new amp and that fixed the problem. I read on the forums that some people had gotten bad amps with trigger issues. I'm starting to think that I'm one of those lucky people.
So the x-sub will turn off even during a song that has heavy bass. If that is the case, you could definetly have a bad amp. I have read similar cases where av123 ships out new amps to customers. There customer support is really good and they will guide you through the process if you have to install a new amp. I would call or email them obviously about the problem and talk to somebody directly about getting this issue fixed. Since you posted this issue on their message board you might get some advice from av123 customer support as well.

S

skers_54

Full Audioholic
I sent av123 an email and I'll call them on Monday, since they're closed during the weekend. I too have heard good things about their customer service, which is one the reasons I decided to go with the x-sub. At least this will give me a reason to put my engineering degree to use.

S

skeeter99

Junior Audioholic
Were you able to connect up with Mark Joslin and get this issue resolved? If not, please let me know and I'll see what I can do to help.

Thanks!

Scott

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
The x-subs have been having issues with the amp plates which is being sorted out now by av123. Give them a ring and all should be good.

S

skers_54

Full Audioholic
I worked with Mark and got the issue resolved. It was a bad amp, which they replaced. I got the sub back a few days ago and it works beautifully now. Apparently, av123 has a 30 day price-match policy, so I got $60 back b/c I bought it just before their summer sale :).

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I worked with Mark and got the issue resolved. It was a bad amp, which they replaced. I got the sub back a few days ago and it works beautifully now. Apparently, av123 has a 30 day price-match policy, so I got $60 back b/c I bought it just before their summer sale :).
Thats a score! Thanks for the update!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis