WW-II hero Joachim Rønneberg passes away

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
One of the greatest heros from WW-II passes away at age 99. For those of you who don’t know who he is, he was the guy that commanded one of the most successful sabotage operations during WW-II. The demolition of the Nazi Deuterium plant in Norway. A team went in and placed bombs, and before Germans knew what was going on they already escaped. Not a single shot was fired during the operation.

These guys and this operation effectively ended Nazi Germany’s hope of making a nuclear bomb. It is people like Joachim we can thank for the freedom we have today.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/joachim-roenneberg-dead-99-hero-13454696

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/21/world/europe/wwii-hero-credits-luck-and-chance-in-foiling-hitlers-nuclear-ambitions.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joachim_Rønneberg

Thank you Joachim for your courage, you are a genuine hero, rest in peace.

WE SHOULD NEVER FORGET

Last edited:
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
There were some incredibly crazy Norwegians during WW-II, one of the more unknown ones is the operation to sink Tirpitz from a fishing boat using home made torpedos rebuilt from autonomous unmanned submarines, they missed by 50 meters unfortunately....

Or ... check the movie Max Manus, man of war, he was doing sabotage operations one after another, and the Nazis could not simply catch him. Some of these guys seemingly make James Bond seem ordinary...

We owe everything we have, to people like this, I am forever thankful.

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Agreed!
Desperate time make for amazing innovation combined with recklessness which can result in some otherwise impossible outcomes.
Fortunately, there were enough people with the wisdom to recognize that recklessness was the order of the day.
Bravery is an interesting concept. Sometimes bravery is really not having another viable choice (or a bad choice being the best option available).
I generally think it is wisdom and understanding of the "big picture" and values that begets bravery!

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Agreed!
Desperate time make for amazing innovation combined with recklessness which can result in some otherwise impossible outcomes.
Fortunately, there were enough people with the wisdom to recognize that recklessness was the order of the day.
Bravery is an interesting concept. Sometimes bravery is really not having another viable choice (or a bad choice being the best option available).
I generally think it is wisdom and understanding of the "big picture" and values that begets bravery!
Some people will never accept that someone else “steals” their country, no matter what the cost may be ...

I am also thinking of the RAF pilots that were fighting with their backs against the wall during “battle of Britain”; every day... many were not coming back to home base... next day they went back out knowing that many would not come back.

I am speechless to the bravery of those guys.

I think RAF also never forgot about those guys, ever !

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis