M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
is going on with youtube reviews? There is this growing trend with AI narration doing all of the talking it seems. At least with certain search terms like: "Best budget bookshelf speaker 2022" or something similar. It is getting increasingly difficult to get away from some synthesized voice droning on with fkd up language as if they didn't teach their bless'd computer how to completely speak.

Just more evidence that the up and coming generations have no uniqueness or imagination. It is showing in their reviews, as well as their music. I don't make it past the 5 second mark as soon as I hear these drones.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
it is bot reading a script, potentially translated from another language. I have been taking some training recently and it is the same.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I notice it with certain weather disaster "news" channels. Some other subjects as well....annoying so I usually just cut it off (or mute it). I've assumed its simply an auto translation or similar for companies putting the video out in multiple locations. Also have been assuming they're not an english based country....but there are certain highly annoying voices on some english speaking youtube channels where this could be an improvement otoh :) . I don't usually look for videos about audio, tho.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I notice it with certain weather disaster "news" channels. Some other subjects as well....annoying so I usually just cut it off (or mute it). I've assumed its simply an auto translation or similar for companies putting the video out in multiple locations. Also have been assuming they're not an english based country....but there are certain highly annoying voices on some english speaking youtube channels where this could be an improvement otoh :) . I don't usually look for videos about audio, tho.
The search started because I find there is too many 5.25" and less BS speakers, and not much in the middle or, those based on say, an 8" woofer. Monitor Audio Bronze was one. WAs just trying to see if there were more larger designs than what is otherwise trendy. But video after video was that bot crap. It's comparatively annoying to the overuse of vocoder used in modern pop/country music.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The search started because I find there is too many 5.25" and less BS speakers, and not much in the middle or, those based on say, an 8" woofer. Monitor Audio Bronze was one. WAs just trying to see if there were more larger designs than what is otherwise trendy. But video after video was that bot crap. It's comparatively annoying to the overuse of vocoder used in modern pop/country music.
Smaller speakers/drivers are just more the norm I assume because they simply sell better....

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Smaller speakers/drivers are just more the norm I assume because they simply sell better....
Yes. Which is why I was hoping to find something beyond that trend. Great if someone needs casual background music and low displacement requirements, but IME, the best of both worlds (good low-high SPL performance/low distortion) starts at around 8" for my use. God help us if audiophilia becomes based on what marketers push. Their criteria tends to follow the, 'more we can fit in a shipping container, the better.'

Personally, I can't think of another time in my history of having been so underwhelmed by speakers than what is popular now.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes. Which is why I was hoping to find something beyond that trend. Great if someone needs casual background music and low displacement requirements, but IME, the best of both worlds (good low-high SPL performance/low distortion) starts at around 8" for my use. God help us if audiophilia becomes based on what marketers push. Their criteria tends to follow the, 'more we can fit in a shipping container, the better.'

Personally, I can't think of another time in my history of having been so underwhelmed by speakers than what is popular now.
Don't get me started on bean counters combined with marketing.... :)

At least you can fall back on decent diy designs....

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Don't get me started on bean counters combined with marketing.... :)

At least you can fall back on decent diy designs....
Yeah, I am not really affected by the trends, thanks to DIY. Just nice to see if anybody else is doing something outside of the topics that are trampled to death.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, I am not really affected by the trends, thanks to DIY. Just nice to see if anybody else is doing something outside of the topics that are trampled to death.
Not that I've seen altho I don't look around as much as I did at one time either....but seems even in towers they're going slim and trim with smaller drivers to accommodate....WAF accounts I suppose for some...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
You can get high sensitivity out of multiple same drivers in one cabinet. You won't really get any more extension though, so they are just upping the output instead of extending bass. The upside of that is the slim speaker does have WAF for some reason.

LOL, taking a class read by an AI/bot really sucks. It doesn't speak like a person so it sounds like it doesn't know what it is talking about lol. (which it doesn't).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis