WTB Legacy Signature III

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I really love the tonal quality of my Revel F30's, but the low end isn't satisfying me. I want to upgrade to a "do it all" tower speaker and since owning a pair of Legacy speakers is a 25-year ongoing dream, I've set my eyes on the Sig 3's!

I've got most of the audio classifieds sites bookmarked and check every day, but sometimes "somebody knows somebody." I can drive up to 4 or 5 hours from the Richmond Virginia area, in any direction.

I'm open to considering just about any veneer except full black. Rosewood is my #1 choice (it's probably Legacy's #1 finish), but I'm open to most others. Condition-wise, I prefer speakers with normal wear and tear commensurate with their age, but no driver damage.

Paypal is my preferred way to pay. Hifishark has shown previous listings sold from $850 up to $1800, so somewhere in that range is where I'd like to settle (of course the lower the better, for me!)

If you happen to see a Craigslist or other local ad, please refer it to me.

Thanks all! :)

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I'm a previous Legacy owner (the original Focus), I've heard many Legacy speakers, and I recommend you keep the F30s and add one or more subs to the system. I think F30s will sound more accurate and neutral overall than the Sig IIIs. Subs also allow different placement options so you separately optimize for bass smoothness and imaging.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'm a previous Legacy owner (the original Focus), I've heard many Legacy speakers, and I recommend you keep the F30s and add one or more subs to the system. I think F30s will sound more accurate and neutral overall than the Sig IIIs. Subs also allow different placement options so you separately optimize for bass smoothness and imaging.
What do you consider the shortcomings of Legacy products? I've seldom heard anything negative about them.

Space is a very pressing concern right now. I'd much rather have two speakers with a small-ish footprint and leave it at that.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
What do you consider the shortcomings of Legacy products? I've seldom heard anything negative about them.

Space is a very pressing concern right now. I'd much rather have two speakers with a small-ish footprint and leave it at that.
I think the F30s are more accurate than any Legacy speaker I've heard. The Sig III uses similar technology to the original Focus I had, and in the context of more modern speakers I think you can do better. The leaf tweeter and the kevlar midrange are definitely not state of the art any longer, if they ever were.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis