WTB- Good sub woofer for under $100

H

huskie

Enthusiast
I am looking to buy one decent subwoofer to complete my 5.2.4 setup, budget is a constraint so under $100 even older working ones are fine too.

TIA

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Where are you located?
Shipping even a small sub across country would eat up much of your budget.
What subwoofer do you already have? The new sub should ideally match your old one (or at least, get close).

H

huskie

Enthusiast
I am in DC area but also travel to Charlotte area frequently. I currently have the Andrew Jones Subwoofer.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd shop for another sub like your current sub (like on Craigslist for local pickup to avoid shipping) or sell the Pioneer sub (assuming that's what you mean by the AJ sub, or is it the Elac one he designed?). Personally I'd rather have better subs than either of those, but budgets are what they are....

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
H

huskie

Enthusiast
Excellent find,,picked up Energy Center channel, and two surround Plus the Sub for $30. Thanks Kurt.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Excellent find,,picked up Energy Center channel, and two surround Plus the Sub for $30. Thanks Kurt.
Good deal! HTH!

For anyone curious (since the link got removed after the sale),this was the Energy Take system without the Front L & R speakers. IIRC the seller was asking $45.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Good deal! HTH!

For anyone curious (since the link got removed after the sale),this was the Energy Take system without the Front L & R speakers. IIRC the seller was asking $45.
Well, the L&R are same as surrounds anyways with these (still have one LOL).

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Well, the L&R are same as surrounds anyways with these (still have one LOL).
I was thinking that, but wasn't sure!
At that price, it was a no-brainer, especially if he could make use of the speakers as well as the sub!
It is a shame Klipsch bought and "decommissioned" Energy. Maybe the Take system is still being sold, but I don't think they are developing anything. Energy and Mirage made some interesting stuff!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis