WTB: Ascend Horizon and/or Sierra Towers

AParsh

AParsh

Junior Audioholic
Hi,
If any of you are thinking about changing up your set up and letting go of your ascend horizon and / or Sierra towers let me know please.
Prefer RAAL but will consider without.
Thanks,
Alex

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Hi AVS forum,
If any of you are thinking about changing up your set up and letting go of your ascend horizon and / or Sierra towers let me know please.
Prefer RAAL but will consider without.
Thanks,
Alex
If you want to buy some speakers from AVS Forum, you might have more luck soliciting purchases over there rather than here.

AParsh

AParsh

Junior Audioholic
If you want to buy some speakers from AVS Forum, you might have more luck soliciting purchases over there rather than here.
haha my bad! You caught me! Edited my copy/paste :)

M

Mark6088

Enthusiast
AParsh,

This may be way too late for you. I have a almost new pair of Sierra Towers (with NrT) and a Horizon Center (NrT) available. Would you be interested?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Crud. I thought you had them for sale! I just put an order in for the Horizon with RAAL upgrade!
AParsh,

This may be way too late for you. I have a almost new pair of Sierra Towers (with NrT) and a Horizon Center (NrT) available. Would you be interested?
I need a Horizon with the RAAL to match my towers. Just for curiosity's sake, which finish and what are you asking?

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Crud. I thought you had them for sale! I just put an order in for the Horizon with RAAL upgrade!

I need a Horizon with the RAAL to match my towers. Just for curiosity's sake, which finish and what are you asking?
These are the dome that he's selling, not the RAAL.

M

Mark6088

Enthusiast

It's the black matte finish. Like new condition. Not a scratch anywhere. Right now, the towers are advertised on FB for $1,700. Am listing the center tonight for 850. However, I am motivated and would be willing to listen to reasonable offers. I would be willing do a package deal for the towers and center if someone is interested. It will be a killer deal.

M

Mark6088

Enthusiast
It's the black matte finish. Like new condition. Not a scratch anywhere. Right now, the towers are advertised on FB for $1,700. Am listing the center tonight for 850. However, I am motivated and would be willing to listen to reasonable offers. I would be willing do a package deal for the towers and center if someone is interested. It will be a killer deal.
Again, if you want only the Horizon Center (NrT), which is in like new condition, original boxes and documentation, make me an offer.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
These are the dome that he's selling, not the RAAL.
I know, that's why I put "just for curiosity".
Black matte is the finish on my towers! I just asked about what would be involved in upgrading the NrT tweeter to RAAL (like, do it myself at home) over at the Ascend forums. My guess is Dave will tell me how complicated it is, recommend against it and tell me I'm more likely to destroy it before I get it right... lol.

M

Mark6088

Enthusiast
I know, that's why I put "just for curiosity".

Black matte is the finish on my towers! I just asked about what would be involved in upgrading the NrT tweeter to RAAL (like, do it myself at home) over at the Ascend forums. My guess is Dave will tell me how complicated it is, recommend against it and tell me I'm more likely to destroy it before I get it right... lol.
You're probably right about what Dave will say. I believe there is a bit more to it.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Unless the cabinet routing is the exact same, he would likely sell you a Raal and a new XO... Assuming it is that simple, the changeout would be quick and relatively painless depending on where the XO itself is located in the cabinet.
On the other hand, if there is any difference at all in the cabinet routing... Well, I'd let that go, if it were me. ;)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You're probably right about what Dave will say. I believe there is a bit more to it.
Oh yes, I'm sure a full on crossover rework is necessary as well. Plus I did put an order in with Ascend and they probably wouldn't be too excited to help me and lose a sale, lol.

That said I do have some experience with soldering, taking speakers apart and putting them back together.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Unless the cabinet routing is the exact same, he would likely sell you a Raal and a new XO... Assuming it is that simple, the changeout would be quick and relatively painless depending on where the XO itself is located in the cabinet.
On the other hand, if there is any difference at all in the cabinet routing... Well, I'd let that go, if it were me. ;)
Agreed.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Got a reply from Dave. Pretty much as predicted.
It's actually a very difficult job. It is more complex than simply swapping tweeters as it also requires the crossover to be changed. This will require some internal cabinet modifications to the tweeter cutout (woodworking), soldering and desoldering. I don't recommend even attempting this unless you have good woodworking skills, a router, and decent soldering skills.

Honestly, it is best to let us handle this.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis