WTB: 2CH Amplifier! $300ish.

Z

Zaluss

Audioholic
Well looks like I'm in the process of replacing my Ref 1/SP3 set with a pair of Strata Mini's. Unfortunately I needed to move my SP3 as well so I'm stuck using my trusty Denon 1802 receiver to power them for now.

Since this unit has preouts I'll be using it as my temp pre/pro (or actually, maybe just use my Maverick as a preamplifier for now...but the volume control would be so nice from a remote!)

I thought about the UPA-2 from Emotiva but they are currently OOS :(

Suggestions or offers would be appreciated!

C

cfrizz

Senior Audioholic
Exercise patience & wait until the Emotiva is back in stock.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
It's not pretty but if it'll do the job I'll look into it. My minis are pretty enough anyway ;)
I'd recommend the Behringer EP2500 at that price point, knock out the stock fan and replace it with a quiet fan (very easy). Limitless power and great operational record and specs.

Z

Zaluss

Audioholic
I'll wait a bit for the UPA-2. Think the minis would be fine low volume with my receiver until then?

Z

Zaluss

Audioholic
Still looking! I found a Rotel RB-1070 locally for $340 but I'm not sure I want it.

Anyone got anything?

Z

Zaluss

Audioholic
Interesting.

Yes I'm still keeping the Maverick.

I have it currently setup as Denon > CD Out > Maverick Tube In (and switchable source preamp). So the Denon is pretty much just volume control and amplifier.

J

jvgillow

Full Audioholic
When I had Minis I ran them for quite a while with SP3 for music and Audiosource for movies/SACD/DVDA. The Amp300 usually goes for under $300 and has quite a lot of flexibility. I have a pair of bridged 300s running my LS-6 now.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I did. His original asking price was $380. I offered $300 and he said can't go lower than $300. Not worth more than that?
He said he can't go lower than $300, which means he can do $300.:D

I only said offer him that because it's at least close to what he's asking for and you can save some money. It's also in how you word things. The day you are able and willing to buy it call him up and say "I can do $300 cash today" which let's them know that you will get it right now and they won't have to wait another week or more to find out if their amplifier will sell to someone else for the asking price. I am fairly certain he'd take that offer if presented correctly.

The amplifier is at right around fair market value at $380, and a slight savings at $340, but what you want at a minimum is a "good deal". I would not say that $300 is a great deal, but it's a good deal. A great deal is when someone sells you something for at or less than 2/3rds what it's worth and a good deal falls into right about 1/4 off IMO.:D;)

Z

Zaluss

Audioholic
lol i ment $340 :p. He was pretty firm and has quite a selection of other high end gear. Found him on Audiogon. He has 3 of the same amps.

I don't know. He said he'd deliver it to me for $340. Its the all black version not the silver/black either.

Who knows...its either this or a UPA-2 @ $329.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Oh, he had the same amplifiers listing on eBay too then, in fact they are listed right now.

The silver/black looks much nicer.

B

BluBitRates

Enthusiast
I have a pioneer elite m-72 amp i am looking to sell. It is in perfect shape with the original manual. I can send pics. Want to post to the classifieds here, wondering how many posts i have to have

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
I have my Strata Minis hooked up to my H/K Citation 16 amp(100 watts per channel) and that's hooked up to my Denon 4802 even though the 4802 has more power, through the Citation, the sound had that warmth I was looking for. So for now your 1802 should power it just fine.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis