WOW the Emotiva T3+ looks impressive!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
emotiva-texas-roundup-airmotiv-speakers-2022.jpg

I thought I copied the link these were here at a show in Austin. That T3+ if the price stays at 850 a tower is a whole lot of tower! The new C3+ can be mounted vertically as a horizontal center it would probably measure terrible but as a vertical wall mounted center behind a screen? It looks like a beast!!!

Let me see if I can post the link

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

6 drivers total looks like 3 8 inch woofers with a MTM style 2 5 1/2 mids with a ATM tweeter

94 dB is the posted sensitivity

If the measurements hold up I tell you what for 850 a speaker? That's a lot of bang for your buck!!!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.

6 drivers total looks like 3 8 inch woofers with a MTM style 2 5 1/2 mids with a ATM tweeter

94 dB is the posted sensitivity

If the measurements hold up I tell you what for 850 a speaker? That's a lot of bang for your buck!!!
I would not hold your breath. That outfit are yet to produce a decent speaker. In fact we have had good evidence here, that at least one of their designs was downright incompetent.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
I wonder what all will sound like in a real home environment or not. Will have to look for video YT tester expert reports. Maybe Amir's and the like, if into specs.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
One potential problem I see with this speaker is the tweeter looks to be mounted a bit high. With an AMT nested in an MTM design, that could be a problem. The reason is that AMTs tend to have a fairly narrow vertical dispersion, so you mostly want to be seated with them at ear height. What is more, the MTM design is going to cause cancellation in the vertical off-axis response that might only leave a 15-degree window where there is not a major suckout. What we need to know is the height of the tweeter and the vertical beamwidth.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I would not hold your breath. That outfit are yet to produce a decent speaker. In fact we have had good evidence here, that at least one of their designs was downright incompetent.
Erin's Audio corner reviewed a lot of the gear. The C2 the center channel measured pretty bad. You can see why just looking at the design but the bookshelves and the towers like the T2+ all measured very good for the money. If the speaker does measure well 850 bucks a speaker is a good deal for a tower like this

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
One potential problem I see with this speaker is the tweeter looks to be mounted a bit high. With an AMT nested in an MTM design, that could be a problem. The reason is that AMTs tend to have a fairly narrow vertical dispersion, so you mostly want to be seated with them at ear height. What is more, the MTM design is going to cause cancellation in the vertical off-axis response that might only leave a 15-degree window where there is not a major suckout. What we need to know is the height of the tweeter and the vertical beamwidth.
Yeah they will need to be measured Erin's Audio corner measured the T2+ and bookshelves and they measured and subjectively did very well for the money. If these measure well that is a lot of speaker fot the money tho

High output? Check
Sensitivity 94db? Check
Very good bass extension? Check

I'll be excited to see

Another interesting thing is standing by the t2+ the tweeter is on the exact same level. If some had space issues you could go 2 t3+ and 1 t2+ for the center

I like good budget stuff so I'm rooting for these

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Actually bought one of there budget amps was pretty impressed.

I'd buy they're speakers and budget line of amps. The more expensive gear not sure about
I don't doubt that. They have had some really good products over the years, for me it's just CS, nothing more really.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
People have their take on items and assumptions. Hearing speakers/tests are more subjective for me. Graphs are not as much interest. IT's the EARS.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
People have their take on items and assumptions. Hearing speakers/tests are more subjective for me. Graphs are not as much interest. IT's the EARS.
I listen after looking at the measurements, it narrows the selection tremendously and when I can't listen, I trust the measurements. Preferences and the correlation to measurements are very high.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I listen after looking at the measurements, it narrows the selection tremendously and when I can't listen, I trust the measurements. Preferences and the correlation to measurements are very high.
I do both. Measurements are important. But I've liked speakers that didn't always measure well. I really look for fairly flat response on and off axis but I can live with a non perfect response in some areas. really look for compression sensitivity and dynamics. How good is they're output? I love towers but if they have good output full range then it's usually even better with a sub in play to take off the burden of driving the low end. I really really like big speakers high sensitivity with big dynamics and lots of headroom and can forgive some imperfections if they are not over the top audible if you can get me there especially on a budget

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I do both. Measurements are important. But I've liked speakers that didn't always measure well. I really look for fairly flat response on and off axis but I can live with a non perfect response in some areas. really look for compression sensitivity and dynamics. How good is they're output? I love towers but if they have good output full range then it's usually even better with a sub in play to take off the burden of driving the low end. I really really like big speakers high sensitivity with big dynamics and lots of headroom and can forgive some imperfections if they are not over the top audible if you can get me there especially on a budget
Agreed, the frequency response can always be dealt with, or not, as long as the rest of measurements are right. Good smooth directly, off axis response, compression and distortions tell more of the story.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Meh, still hard for me to consider giving any money to Emotiva....(or Emotive as many calll it )

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Meh, still hard for me to consider giving any money to Emotiva....(or Emotive as many calll it )
Hey I understand they have made some choices that brought some consumer backlash. I wasn't a big fan on there new design for the Gen 3. But good budget full range towers that can measure well have good sensitivity and good output are hard to find. If these measure as well as Erin measured the T2+'s I think it's a good thing. More good budget tower speakers under a 1000 each in this economy is good for our hobby

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
They have my interest if that 94db spec turns out to be honest. Look forward to some reviews...

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
They have my interest if that 94db spec turns out to be honest. Look forward to some reviews...
Yeah the reviews will be critical as Shady said that MTM design with that tweeter sandwiched in the middle. Will be interesting to see if they integrated everything correctly with that type of design and what compromises they had to make to reach that price point

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hey I understand they have made some choices that brought some consumer backlash. I wasn't a big fan on there new design for the Gen 3. But good budget full range towers that can measure well have good sensitivity and good output are hard to find. If these measure as well as Erin measured the T2+'s I think it's a good thing. More good budget tower speakers under a 1000 each in this economy is good for our hobby
Well, I suppose their passive speakers wouldn't be subject to the bugginess in electronics and lack of long term support I was thinking of particularly :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Well, I suppose their passive speakers wouldn't be subject to the bugginess in electronics and lack of long term support I was thinking of particularly :)
Yeah I was thinking the same thing as well

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis