Wow--126.5dB AVG. 20Hz-80Hz.--XTZ Cinema 1X12 and 3X12 CEA2010 SPL/Distortion Measurements

XTZ_USA

XTZ_USA

Audioholics Approved Vendor
Hi Everyone,

For those of you that are interested, here is the CEA2010 SPL and distortion measurements of XTZ Cinema 1X12 and 3X12 powered subwoofers.

XTZ Cinema 3X12 CEA2010 SPL Distortion Measurement Data

XTZ Cinema 1X12 and 3X12 Powered Subwoofers CEA2010 SPL Measurements

Here is an interesting document that explains how the short term maximum output bursts are measured. As some of you may know, most of the CEA2010 standards are based on his research.

Short Term Maximum Output by D. B. Keele

Please check out the special 15% pre-order dicount for XTZ Cinema subs.

XTZ Cinema Special Purchase Opportunity 15% Off

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Kind regards,

Jason

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Isn't without knowing the THD levels the SPL output levels by themselves are not as helpful?

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
I am not familiar with your company, but the way I see it you're products are all farmed out. Do you actually make anything in house or is there no house? Shipments coming in means farmed out to me. Everything that I have seen so far looks Chinese made to me. Could the farm possible be East Tech. Why would you have shipments checked in the first place, do you have any doubt of what you're selling or are you not confident in your supplier. A friend of mine makes compact monitors that put out 137 db.
http://www.sourcespeaker.com/OD8211.html

Now members on AH used to call this design as a train wreck (my last center, which BTW was awesome) And here you got 4 tweeters and it's great. You must have paid your dues to AH, or four tweeters are better than 1. BTW 4 tweeters are better than one, I think you've got something there. What is also impressive are the magnetic grills. I had magnetic grills on my speakers 15 years ago, that's nothing new.

Last edited:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Now members on AH used to call this design as a train wreck (my last center, which BTW was awesome) And here you got 4 tweeters and it's great. You must have paid your dues to AH, or four tweeters are better than 1. BTW 4 tweeters are better than one, I think you've got something there.
Not sure what you're implying here as we've favorably reviewed many speakers with multi-tweeters including JBL, RBH, Dali and others. If a designer knows how to implement them without causing appreciable acoustical interference then it could be advantageous for achieving higher output and sensitivity.

If you read the XTZ review and/or watch Marshall's video you will learn that 3 of the 4 tweeters are BW limited below the wavelength where the physical separation doesn't cause appreciable acoustical interference and Marshall was quite pleased with the sonic results. A train wreck is when you place tweeters on opposite ends of the cabinet which separates them much further than their lowest common wavelength resulting in very poor off-axis response.

BTW vertically aligning your 3 tweeter speaker was the right thing to do to minimize lobing by keeping your mids closer together and also better integrating HF performance. I bet that center sounds good!

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Kudos to releasing the actual CEA results! Now that is transparency! You know what you are getting with this sub. Very high performing sub as well. Congrats on a killer product.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis