would you purchase a floor model sub from bestbuy?

F

fishairflow

Enthusiast
I purchased a Supercube I subwoofer for about 700 $ - open box. I am curious what your feelings are about it? I have a good return policy but still - would you guys do it?

Is the life shortened because they are floor models?

the salesman told me that they are rarely used.
Thanks.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Even as a floor model, since it is sold by them, it comes with a full factory warranty so there should be no worries.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I don't see why not, I would say that there isn't much chance it has been abused, and as long as it still carries full warranty, you are covered.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Often, when visiting BB, I will hear rafter-rattling bass from someone "testing out" (more like maxing out) one of the subs. I would not want to get one that has been treated that way.

G

Gasman

Senior Audioholic
Often, when visiting BB, I will hear rafter-rattling bass from someone "testing out" (more like maxing out) one of the subs. I would not want to get one that has been treated that way.
LOL, yeah I have seen them treated so poorly, with kids poking things in them.
I have seen one that the entire driver was kicked in....
So if you buy it used from them, it would be pretty safe to say that it may have been through hell (whether testing by bass heads, or with being roughed up from even the workers).

Personally, I would pass on buying used floor model speakers from them (unless offered at a superb price, with full warranty).
But, I have bought used electronics from them, although rare. (and have had no problems in the past).

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
Most of the time that's car audio.

I would. Like others have said, you still have the warranty.

Now... buying anything from BB? Well, that's an entirely different topic. ;)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Open box will always come with a warranty, but demo items may not. If it doesn't come with it (meaning you don't have to pay for it), I wouldn't buy it. Make sure you test it first and if it seems to work OK, I think it will be a safe bet.

F

fishairflow

Enthusiast
Thank you guys...the unit looks actually - prestine. There is no dents, scratches, rips or tears on the stocking, sounds perfect. And of course - they said that it comes with full warranty.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Thank you guys...the unit looks actually - prestine. There is no dents, scratches, rips or tears on the stocking, sounds perfect. And of course - they said that it comes with full warranty.
Then congratulations on your new subwoofer. That is an excellent sub. :D

How about a few pictures of your system. Stick around and get involved.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
If it works like it should, and it looks new, heck yeah I'd buy the floor model.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis