WOHOO! Nook color finally being updated to Android!

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
I think I finally figured that out. I kept wondering what that tiny arrow at the right edge of the screen was. I must have finally pressed it once because then I got all those icons on the right for home, power button, etc.

What do you use for an app killer? I've noticed that there a lot of things running in the background that I don't need. Also is there a way to delete the phone apps? I'm never going to make a call from this thing and when I look at battery usage, by far the app that is using the most power is phone idle.

I watched a video tutorial for Launcher Pro that looked pretty cool. What do you think of that app?

That's the biggest issue I have with this thing, I have NO idea what most of the settings do. But so far it's awesome as an e-reader, browser and Angry Bird playing machine. :D
Yeah there is just a ridiculous amount of stuff you can do with Android.....have fun!

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
So here's the case I ended up going with.

It holds the Nook all around the face but as you can see it's not right up to the edge so, so far I haven't had an issue with pressing buttons on the edge of the screen. Best of all it has circular holes on the back so that it doesn't cover up the speaker. It was only $12 on eBay.

Now my biggest issue with the NC is battery life. I've had the Nook shut off on me a couple of times with no warning. No, "Please recharge your battery" or anything just a blank screen. But it happened again last night while I was out at dinner and I thought the battery was dead again but I was able to turn it on again about 5 minutes later, so maybe it just crashed or something. I was playing Angry Birds when it happened.

Apparently the CM7 mod doesn't let the Nook go to sleep all the way. I guess they're working on a fix for that. I ended up buying Root Explorer from the Market and deleting a couple of the phone apps, but battery usage is still telling me that Phone Idle is eating up 16% of my power. Lame.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I went the CM7 route and life is good!

Thanks for the information and encouragement!

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Darien do you have a link for that case? Closest I can find is: http://cgi.ebay.com/Barnes-Noble-Nook-Color-Genuine-Leather-Cover-Case-BK-/250760950964?pt=US_Tablets&hash=item3a628474b4, but it looks a bit different.

Thanks!
Here's the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&rd=1&item=300552863961&si=LkG4Kb%2FVKwUOWK50Io%2BYW6dC6%2FA%3D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MERFB:IID

The seller's name is crazy_ichiban

The only thing I don't like about the case is the magnetic clasp that holds it closed. The case I had for my Pandigital Novel was perfect. It just had magnets in the cover so it held itself shut without a clasp. It's not a huge deal but holding the clasp out of the way while reading is a pain sometimes.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis