F

footman

Junior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I've always &nbsp;used the subwoofer connection on my receiver. &nbsp; As an experiment I rewired using the speaker connections. &nbsp;Receiver to subwoofer, subwoofer to speaker. &nbsp;Performance has changed, the subwoofer has become more active. &nbsp; Which is the preferred setup? &nbsp; Thanks.</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>The method you have employed existed in the days of pre HT when there were no inbuilt crossovers in receivers, amps or preamps. In your case you see the improvement due to couple of reasons, most important is that instead of taxing the already strained amp section of your receiver by power consuming bass signals, you are now letting the sub's amp do the dirty work thereby releasing more power for your mains and in case of your mains, the improvement is in the mids where not only is it getting more power but also the woofer doesnt have to do the dirty work of moving air and ruining the upper signals.

It is a different story when you have a seperate high power amp with a rating of over 200 watts, then, with big towers, you can have the advantage of good amount of bass from the sub and towers.

If this works for you and you have found a sonic imrpovement, stick to this method.</font>

H

HTJunkie

Audiophyte
<font color='#810541'>My sub is connected the same way, and I have found that if i use the sub-out, the bass is all but gone. IMO stick to this method.
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis