Wireless Surround Rear Speakers

S

SkyHi

Audiophyte
Hi all,
I want to use SVS wireless kit for my rear speakers ( Klipsch RS 7 ). I am considering using a
Crown Amp ( XLS 1002 ) with the wireless kit receiver connected. My room layout makes it almost impossible to hard wire the speakers. Does this seem reasonable or is there another solution without breaking the bank ?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi all,
I want to use SVS wireless kit for my rear speakers ( Klipsch RS 7 ). I am considering using a
Crown Amp ( XLS 1002 ) with the wireless kit receiver connected. My room layout makes it almost impossible to hard wire the speakers. Does this seem reasonable or is there another solution without breaking the bank ?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations
This arena is littered with failures and headaches. A big problem is latency. However the new WISA protocol offers hope. If you are going to do this use and active speaker that adheres to the WISA protocol. Klipsch has speakers that do. You will need a power source near the speakers.

My other concern is that if hard wire is not possible, may be your room is not suitable for multichannel audio. Frankly most rooms are not.

S

SkyHi

Audiophyte
This arena is littered with failures and headaches. A big problem is latency. However the new WISA protocol offers hope. If you are going to do this use and active speaker that adheres to the WISA protocol. Klipsch has speakers that do. You will need a power source near the speakers.

My other concern is that if hard wire is not possible, may be your room is not suitable for multichannel audio. Frankly most rooms are not.
Thanks for response , I already have the Klipsch that I would like to use again. That's why I was hoping to pick up a 2 channel amp and go that route. The room is hard to wire because of tile floor and ceiling construction, I would have to run wires through ceiling for hard wire. I have not heard much about the SVS wireless kit transmitter / receiver.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Get a carpet from five and below or walmart and run the wires underneath. That's how I have mine setup with no issues for over five years.

S

SkyHi

Audiophyte
Get a carpet from five and below or walmart and run the wires underneath. That's how I have mine setup with no issues for over five years.
Thanks , yeah I have used these speakers before hardwired .... but now carpet is a no go.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Thanks for response , I already have the Klipsch that I would like to use again. That's why I was hoping to pick up a 2 channel amp and go that route. The room is hard to wire because of tile floor and ceiling construction, I would have to run wires through ceiling for hard wire. I have not heard much about the SVS wireless kit transmitter / receiver.
If you are really going to do this, I think your plan is high risk. I would use the Klipsch WISA speakers if you really want wireless. The other issue is do you really have to have surrounds? A two or three channel system with a good sub or two gets you the majority of what is required for a high value system. In this house we have a 7.2.4, a 3.1 and 2.2 systems. All three are highly enjoyable top line systems. If you want surrounds the gold standard is to go to the trouble of running the cables. I would run techtubes and then run the cables through the tubes.

S

SkyHi

Audiophyte
If you are really going to do this, I think your plan is high risk. I would use the Klipsch WISA speakers if you really want wireless. The other issue is do you really have to have surrounds? A two or three channel system with a good sub or two gets you the majority of what is required for a high value system. In this house we have a 7.2.4, a 3.1 and 2.2 systems. All three are highly enjoyable top line systems. If you want surrounds the gold standard is to go to the trouble of running the cables. I would run techtubes and then run the cables through the tubes.
Thanks for suggestions , maybe I can utilize tech tubes for a portion of the project. I had 5.1 system all Klipsch except for the sub .... worked good but things got changed around a bit, now I want the system back up but will be a pain running wires to the rears. Just going to have to suck it up and take a few days and do it I guess.... Thanks .

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Other than the amp being overkill for surrounds (assume you have the amp just sitting around?), might work but the inherent additional delay could be an issue. I can understand not wanting to mess with speaker wire up thru the ceiling (below floor easier?) but sometimes there are other creative ways to hide wire with cable raceways and the like....

S

SkyHi

Audiophyte
Other than the amp being overkill for surrounds (assume you have the amp just sitting around?), might work but the inherent additional delay could be an issue. I can understand not wanting to mess with speaker wire up thru the ceiling (below floor easier?) but sometimes there are other creative ways to hide wire with cable raceways and the like....
Thanks for response, yeah amp probably overkill. My walls go up about 10 ft then 90 degree turn about 4 ft, back then up to ceiling. Tile floor no basement. Can't really go to a wall on either side from entertainment center as door walkway so as to run along baseboard. Opposing wall is same configuration, which is where surrounds would be.Ceiling is sculpted ,don't want to mess with it. What I will have to do is go up inside wall out the top then go back 4 ft up inside short wall across ceiling in attic and down other short wall and out.
I know what you're saying about delay, I was thinking SVS had that
worked out with their wireless kit,... not sure.

Will give more thought Thanks again.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks for response, yeah amp probably overkill. My walls go up about 10 ft then 90 degree turn about 4 ft, back then up to ceiling. Tile floor no basement. Can't really go to a wall on either side from entertainment center as door walkway so as to run along baseboard. Opposing wall is same configuration, which is where surrounds would be.Ceiling is sculpted ,don't want to mess with it. What I will have to do is go up inside wall out the top then go back 4 ft up inside short wall across ceiling in attic and down other short wall and out.
I know what you're saying about delay, I was thinking SVS had that
worked out with their wireless kit,... not sure.

Will give more thought Thanks again.
Does SVS offer some spec on inherent delay?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Since a ms of delay is approx equivalent to an additional 1.1 ft of distance, perhaps. OTOH it might not make a significant audible difference. @TLS Guy what are the WISA specs for such?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis