Wireless rca to 3.5mm ?

J

JungleJeremy

Audiophyte
Hi everyone. I have a question regarding how to play music from my phone through an ice rink speaker system. My daughter figure skates and we are sometimes not allowed to be in the little booth where the hookups are. Normally we hook our phone up with a 3.5mm to rca cable. Just wondering if there's anything out there that would enable to do this without being in the booth. Ideally, playing music from the stands (up to 100 ft away) would be perfect. Any help is appreciated thanks.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Wireless needs co-operation from both sides. A transmitter on one end and a receiver on the other.

Can they accept a bluetooth signal and, even then.100' might be pushing it? This presupposes your phone can do bluetooth.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
You might get lucky with attaching a bluetooth receiver in the little booth and pairing it with your phone; but at that range it's not certain.

Wifi would certainly work; but would be a more complex setup.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd see if they would allow you to do it via their wifi, but that would depend on how well their wifi works around the arena as well as if there's even any available connection to the audio system. I'd think that's a push for anything bluetooth or the wireless transmitters/receivers (which are AC devices only that I've seen, a bit difficult to work with in the stands I'd think) and that still requires your receiver to be in the booth and connected and all. How about your daughter just uses her music on headphones/earbuds?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I would say that there are some hurdles to overcome here which aren't self-explanatory.

Most notably is that you apparently need music for the figure skating, but this music needs to use their system, which you don't have access to.

I guess I would wonder why you don't have access to the system when you are training, and why they wouldn't allow you to use that system at any time.

Secondly, even with any system that can be suggested, it will still require someone to flip the audio to that source, which means ... they need to have access to the booth and know what they are doing to get you audio.

Third - I guess if this is important, then I would speak with owners/senior management about the problem you are having. You could buy all the equipment necessary to connect with a wireless (wi-fi) solution, but if they aren't willing to use that system when you are there, then it is wasted money.

There is always the option of using in-ear headphones if they don't have a solution for you that allows you to use their system.

B

B SUBASCHANDRA BOS

Enthusiast
You’ll need a wireless transmitter plugged to your phone and a receiver at the other end.
But this can only happen if the people you deal with are cooperative.
Sometimes interference can be annoying which you will have to deal with.
Bluetooth will definitely not work at your distance.
Why not use a Thumb Drive to transfer the songs and give it to them.
I believe most PA system will have a USB input.
Good Luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis