Win a Yamaha A-S1200 Integrated Amplifier! ($2999.95 Value)

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
Yamaha is giving away one of its latest high-performance integrated amplifiers, the A-S1200. This powerful two-channel amp is part of several new lines of completely redesigned, top-tier amplifiers that are bringing Yamaha back its classic 2-channel music-focused amplifier roots. Featuring esthetics that hearken back to the classic muscle amps of the past, these amps are fully engineered for 21st century advances in hi-fi electronics.

REGISTER WITH YAMAHA FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN!

Fill out the form at Yamaha's website and check your inbox after the draw. Just like our Audioholics Contests, there's nothing to buy, ever. The winner is chosen by random-draw and will be contacted via email after entry closes June 12. Also like Audioholics giveaways, entry is absolutely FREE. Yamaha’s Terms and Conditions apply. Keep an eye on your spam filters after the contest ends, this could be your lucky draw. There’s no cost and a new world in integrated amplification to gain. Someone is going to bring this A-S1200 home!

Visit Yamaha & Fill Out the Form to WIN!

From Yamaha's Sweepstakes Page:
"Authentic, pure Hi-Fi unites you and the artist. An exceptional musical experience only Yamaha an achieve. Complete this form to register to win an A-S1200 Integrated Amp!"

> Click here for official rules <

"Make sure to fill out all fields and check boxes so we can communicate with you if you win. If you already have an account with Yamaha, please sign in with your user name and password. Otherwise, create a password now."

Yamaha A-S1200 Product Overview

The A-S1200 is your entry into Yamaha’s new breed of high-performance amplifiers. Yamaha's A-SXXXX-series of integrated amplifiers are built in the image of the Japanese audio company's recent flagship 5000-series using many of the same high-end parts that are tailored to over-compensate for the power requirements of each unique amp. Integrating design and engineering cues from two of Yamaha's extreme high-end components, the M-5000 amp and C-5000 preamp, the A-S1200 combines both into one high-performance integrated amp with the same classic look and feel.

Learn more about the Yamaha A-S1200 on the Audioholics official contest page.
Yamaha-A-S1200-Hero.jpg

Have you seen or heard Yamaha's new breed of retro amplifiers?
Gene reviewed one of them in his
video review of the R-N2000A, embedded on the Yamaha A-S1200 Giveaway main page on Audioholics.

Last edited:
G

George MacDonald

Enthusiast
It sounds like a great amp. But, stereo? With Apple mixing new and remixing old music in their lossless and spatial (7.1 audio formats stereo may be going the way of mono. In fact, they put out a demo recording where they compared a mono mix with stereo and spatial. The difference between spatial and stereo was greater than that of mono to stereo. Once you hear lossless spatial recordings on a 5.1 or better system, you won't want to go back! Instead of sitting in the middle of a concert hall you're sitting in the middle of the orchestra! Plus, the clarity and separation are just incredible. You hear each instrument separately and distinctly.

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
It sounds like a great amp. But, stereo? With Apple mixing new and remixing old music in their lossless and spatial (7.1 audio formats stereo may be going the way of mono. In fact, they put out a demo recording where they compared a mono mix with stereo and spatial. The difference between spatial and stereo was greater than that of mono to stereo. Once you hear lossless spatial recordings on a 5.1 or better system, you won't want to go back! Instead of sitting in the middle of a concert hall you're sitting in the middle of the orchestra! Plus, the clarity and separation are just incredible. You hear each instrument separately and distinctly.
Nobody is forcing you to enter the drawing.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Yamaha is giving away one of its latest high-performance integrated amplifiers, the A-S1200. This powerful two-channel amp is part of several new lines of completely redesigned, top-tier amplifiers that are bringing Yamaha back its classic 2-channel music-focused amplifier roots. Featuring esthetics that hearken back to the classic muscle amps of the past, these amps are fully engineered for 21st century advances in hi-fi electronics.

REGISTER WITH YAMAHA FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN!

Fill out the form at Yamaha's website and check your inbox after the draw. Just like our Audioholics Contests, there's nothing to buy, ever. The winner is chosen by random-draw and will be contacted via email after entry closes June 12. Also like Audioholics giveaways, entry is absolutely FREE. Yamaha’s Terms and Conditions apply. Keep an eye on your spam filters after the contest ends, this could be your lucky draw. There’s no cost and a new world in integrated amplification to gain. Someone is going to bring this A-S1200 home!

Visit Yamaha & Fill Out the Form to WIN!

From Yamaha's Sweepstakes Page:
"Authentic, pure Hi-Fi unites you and the artist. An exceptional musical experience only Yamaha an achieve. Complete this form to register to win an A-S1200 Integrated Amp!"

> Click here for official rules <

"Make sure to fill out all fields and check boxes so we can communicate with you if you win. If you already have an account with Yamaha, please sign in with your user name and password. Otherwise, create a password now."

Yamaha A-S1200 Product Overview

The A-S1200 is your entry into Yamaha’s new breed of high-performance amplifiers. Yamaha's A-SXXXX-series of integrated amplifiers are built in the image of the Japanese audio company's recent flagship 5000-series using many of the same high-end parts that are tailored to over-compensate for the power requirements of each unique amp. Integrating design and engineering cues from two of Yamaha's extreme high-end components, the M-5000 amp and C-5000 preamp, the A-S1200 combines both into one high-performance integrated amp with the same classic look and feel.

Learn more about the Yamaha A-S1200 on the Audioholics official contest page.
View attachment 61935
Have you seen or heard Yamaha's new breed of retro amplifiers?
Gene reviewed one of them in his
video review of the R-N2000A, embedded on the Yamaha A-S1200 Giveaway main page on Audioholics.
I think there's an important discrepancy in the heading of this thread. The list price for this product is US $2,999.95.

:D At $300 a piece, I would buy a dozen!

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
I think there's an important discrepancy in the heading of this thread. The list price for this product is US $2,999.95.

:D At $300 a piece, I would buy a dozen!
Thanks! I had to make like a Beatle and add another number 9.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL was wondering how that $300 value came about in that line of amps. :)

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
Integrated stereo amps are getting popular, what's old is new again. Probably for a lot of millennials and GenZers discovering vinyl. This amp was part of an overall project by Yamaha to go back to basics and create the ultimate, no holds barred, over-engineered, end-to-end two channel system called the 5000 Series. They've been trickling out several spinoffs from that project for different price points, including the A-Sxxxx series of amps. Yamaha seems to be positioning it as equipment built like a cottage hi-fi manufacturer might, but with all the resources and engineering know-how of the consumer electronics juggernaut that it is.

G

George MacDonald

Enthusiast
Nobody is forcing you to enter the drawing.
The comment was about the future of 2 channel systems -- comparing it to the future of mono back 50 years ago -- in the face of emerging Spatial and Dolby Atmos surround sound where music is mixed in 7 channels (and up) rather than only two. It had nothing to do with any drawing. That is, 50 years ago single channel systems went the way of buggy whips as technology moved into the future. Is the same happening to 2 channel systems today? Nostalgia is great (Bentley just put out their last 12 cylinder engine and purists are sucking them up) but can it stand against advances in technology? My bet is on technology.

G

George MacDonald

Enthusiast
Integrated stereo amps are getting popular, what's old is new again. Probably for a lot of millennials and GenZers discovering vinyl. This amp was part of an overall project by Yamaha to go back to basics and create the ultimate, no holds barred, over-engineered, end-to-end two channel system called the 5000 Series. They've been trickling out several spinoffs from that project for different price points, including the A-Sxxxx series of amps. Yamaha seems to be positioning it as equipment built like a cottage hi-fi manufacturer might, but with all the resources and engineering know-how of the consumer electronics juggernaut that it is.
I totally, 100% agree. But, I do not see the point or the benefit of investing in a system limited to 2 channels. My 7 channel system is able to do 2 channel whenever I want -- but the reverse is not true: a 2 channel system cannot do anything above 2 channels. But yeh, as I mentioned elsewhere, nostalgia is a strong force: Bentley just put out its last 12 cylinder engine and purists are sucking them up -- at $400K a pop.

ban25

ban25

Audioholic
I totally, 100% agree. But, I do not see the point or the benefit of investing in a system limited to 2 channels. My 7 channel system is able to do 2 channel whenever I want -- but the reverse is not true: a 2 channel system cannot do anything above 2 channels. But yeh, as I mentioned elsewhere, nostalgia is a strong force: Bentley just put out its last 12 cylinder engine and purists are sucking them up -- at $400K a pop.
Doesn't have to be either-or. I have my home theater for Atmos & Multi-Channel music and two other listening rooms with 2-channel systems (one for vinyl). I'd love to replace my Rotel A14 with this Yamaha, it looks amazing!

F

fteixeira

Enthusiast
No balanced XLR inputs? On a $3000 2-channel "high-end" integrated amp? hmmm...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No balanced XLR inputs? On a $3000 2-channel "high-end" integrated amp? hmmm...
On a pro unit I'd consider it an omission, not too many times it will make a difference in a home installation. Then again you can always sell such for more on a "higher" model :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
In for the win! Good luck guys! I actually use an older 5.1 Yammy(Phono input) for Vinyl. This would be awesome to have!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis