Will This 'Do' Stereo?

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
What lovin said. It a pro-audio equalizer. Pro gear isn't going to say "stereo" on the face.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I use this same model it’s very straight forward use the rca’s .

Alonzo Mosley

Alonzo Mosley

Enthusiast
I've bought "pro gear" in the past that doesn't separate. If you look on the back, CHannel 1 and Channel 2 have separate dual inputs...

I wouldn't have asked the question if I knew the answer.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
There very clean and quiet I use them for music listening and sometimes I use them in my Yamaha’s through mode bypassing the peq all together it is your best and proper use .

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've bought "pro gear" in the past that doesn't separate. If you look on the back, CHannel 1 and Channel 2 have separate dual inputs...

I wouldn't have asked the question if I knew the answer.
It has two types inputs for each channel available, you can choose whether they're XLR or rca, and it also has outputs for each type. You could use it in mono if you wished...

Alonzo Mosley

Alonzo Mosley

Enthusiast
My point being, I've purchased other equipment with XLR that, even if I know I'm pulling in stereo signals, it pushes it back out either in mono or just the right or left (I hesitate to say "channel" 'coz it doesn't appear that that word means the same thing every time).

Thanks, @mark-E-Long, that's my plan. I have a 39 year old TEAC that I love, but it's developed a low-range hum. My setup is simple - Turntable=>Amp, Amp<=>EQ through Tape Monitor.

(I have a different setup at another place where I am having clipping problems when the CD goes through the EQ, but I'm solving this one first!)

Thanks

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
My point being, I've purchased other equipment with XLR that, even if I know I'm pulling in stereo signals, it pushes it back out either in mono or just the right or left (I hesitate to say "channel" 'coz it doesn't appear that that word means the same thing every time).

Thanks, @mark-E-Long, that's my plan. I have a 39 year old TEAC that I love, but it's developed a low-range hum. My setup is simple - Turntable=>Amp, Amp<=>EQ through Tape Monitor.

(I have a different setup at another place where I am having clipping problems when the CD goes through the EQ, but I'm solving this one first!)

Thanks
You’ll like these when you get it figured out there a good value for the money and I find no problems with them . I use two 31’s and a single 31 for the center they do take some work to set but and takes time and a good disc and meter Iam sure there’s better ways but I like to tinker. This company was started by the guys that had MXR way back they still market some things under that name I believe . Enjoy Sir !

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Thanks
A single xlr connection would indeed be mono. XLR is not a stereo connector. Channels are channels, channel 1 can be the left channel signal from a 2.0 track, channel 2 could be the right channel signal....or whatever you need it to be.

Darenwh

Darenwh

Audioholic
The RCAs on this are, for each of the two channels, white is input, red output. To use this you would run from your tape/monitor left out to the channel one input (white rca on channel 1) then from the channel 1 out (red rca from channel 1) would go to the tape/monitor left input. Right would be run the same to channel 2. On the equalizer front, your top row of eq adjustments would be for the left side and your bottom row would be for the right side. As this is pro equipment you no longer have the left adjustments on the left side and right on right. The XLR connectors would not be used at all.

happy listening.

Alonzo Mosley

Alonzo Mosley

Enthusiast
Honestly, thanks for that - I would have been stymied by white/red not matching the conventional white/red. Probably would have figured it out, but would have been frustrating.

I get I won't use the XLR, that was on a different piece of kit that I gave up trying to get a stereo mix out of, after trying four different permutations of cables (which got expensive). I have an old "Stereo Test" record that goes, "This is the left channel... This is the right channel" which, you know, tells me whether I'm getting stereo separation, missed mixes, or a mono mix. ("Eminence Front" and "Welcome to the Machine" also work really well).

Thanks

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis