Will these speakers work?

adamfilip

adamfilip

Audiophyte
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
It will be fine. The 90 watt per channel is what the Yamaha is capable of at only 2 channels driven at 8 ohms. Those speakers and that AVR are a good fit.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Those speakers will be fine as long as you're not in a concert hall sitting 40 feet from them and expecting to get ear-splitting volume. At more common distances and room size, they're OK and the receiver won't be taxed.

The sub...not so much. You should try to do better because it appears you're shooting for home theater. You would want far more than what that pedestrian "mid bass" unit can do.

adamfilip

adamfilip

Audiophyte
Can you recommend a substitute sub for a similar price?

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Similar to what price?

If you go to the subwoofer section of this forum there's a thread (many, actually) about effective budget subwoofers. I have a BIC Formula F12 that I picked up off the local Craigslist (in perfect condition) for $120. There are plenty of good options out there, I don't know what your budget is. What I do know is almost anything recommended in those threads will outperform the one you listed, and that makes more difference in home theater than most any speaker or receiver.

adamfilip

adamfilip

Audiophyte
Budget for sub is about $160 USD, I want to keep it fairly small so i can hide it easily

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis