Will BenQ W710ST work with Optoma 3DXL?

N

nthydro

Audiophyte
I just ordered a BenQ W710ST. Initially I wanted the Optoma GT750 but the W710ST was too good a deal ($530) to pass up. I wanted the GT750 for the simplicity (3D compatibility out the box w/ xbox, ps3, blu ray player).

From what I understand (based on my limited knowledge), the 3D on the W710ST only works using a computer with Nvidia graphics card. So if I want to do 3D on xbox, ps3, and blu ray player I'd have to buy an Optoma 3DXL, correct?

My questions is will there be any issues/limitations if I used the W710ST with the 3DXL? And will the fact that the W710ST is only hdmi 1.3 make any difference? From what I gathered, the only difference between hdmi 1.3 vs 1.4 is the ARC support right? I don't really need that...I think.

Thanks for your help!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I just ordered a BenQ W710ST. Initially I wanted the Optoma GT750 but the W710ST was too good a deal ($530) to pass up. I wanted the GT750 for the simplicity (3D compatibility out the box w/ xbox, ps3, blu ray player).

From what I understand (based on my limited knowledge), the 3D on the W710ST only works using a computer with Nvidia graphics card. So if I want to do 3D on xbox, ps3, and blu ray player I'd have to buy an Optoma 3DXL, correct?

My questions is will there be any issues/limitations if I used the W710ST with the 3DXL? And will the fact that the W710ST is only hdmi 1.3 make any difference? From what I gathered, the only difference between hdmi 1.3 vs 1.4 is the ARC support right? I don't really need that...I think.

Thanks for your help!
It should work with any computer with an HDMI 1.4 output. The best results will come from an integrated chip, like the ASUS boards that support Intel Ivy Bridge integrated processors.

Any video card with a 1.4 HDMI HDCP certified output must work, or it is out of compliance.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis