WIIM Pro Plus Streamer

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Possibly the best $220 I have ever spent on my system. Better even than the Dynavector MC DX? Phono cart in the mid 80s. And I really loved that cart. Anyway, this thing really sings in my system. Using Amazon unlimited for high rez music. With upgraded op amps and the AKM AK4493SEQ chip DAC this is very nice upgrade to the WIIM Pro. How does it sound? Light years better than FM radio from my HK 3490 receiver. As good or better than my REGA planar 3 TT or my NAD cd player. Bottom line this is all I listen to since I bought it a month or so ago. Let's see how it holds up long-term. It doesn't have a USB input so that will be a deal breaker for some, but I don't need it.so no problem for me.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I end up just using my desktop PC for streaming so the wiim thing seemed rather redundant for my needs but glad you like it. I like to research artist/album trivia while I listen and all contained in one operation and a larger screen. Also has my music library via FLAC files and just about everything else I am into, including friends online who trade songs back and forth for more interactive listening sessions. One of my friends who was a home theater buff, recently set up a monster near field music/desktop op like mine with a new pair of JBL L100 Classics so now he is online almost every night listening to music and seeks me out for listening sessions over a couple beers and chat.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I end up just using my desktop PC for streaming so the wiim thing seemed rather redundant for my needs but glad you like it. I like to research artist/album trivia while I listen and all contained in one operation and a larger screen. Also has my music library via FLAC files and just about everything else I am into, including friends online who trade songs back and forth for more interactive listening sessions. One of my friends who was a home theater buff, recently set up a monster near field music/desktop op like mine with a new pair of JBL L100 Classics so now he is online almost every night listening to music and seeks me out for listening sessions over a couple beers and chat.
Nice setup that you have. Your friends 21st century streaming into some JBL 100s. Have you listened to his setup?

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Nice setup that you have. Your friends 21st century streaming into some JBL 100s. Have you listened to his setup?
Only for about 10 mins and he didn't have the stands under them yet. Either way, I could tell they are formidable speakers. Plus it's pretty apparent he's hooked on it for the long haul. His wife uses it too and she helped pick the JBLs. I have more respect for her now. :D

Hattrick17

Hattrick17

Junior Audioholic
I have the WiiM Pro and use it in my media cabinet for digital streaming to my AVR. Sound is amazing and I love the EQ options.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I have the WiiM Pro and use it in my media cabinet for digital streaming to my AVR. Sound is amazing and I love the EQ options.
The Pro Plus also has the EQ options in the WIIM app. I'm using it to boost the deep bass (32 hz) and it seems to work pretty well.

Matt34

Matt34

I picked up and pro plus recently as well and renewed my tidal subscription.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I picked up and pro plus recently as well and renewed my tidal subscription.
Nice. I'm still thrilled with the Pro Plus and Amazon Unlimited after a few weeks. It's pretty much all I listen to these days.

Hattrick17

Hattrick17

Junior Audioholic
I don't have a Pro Plus and don't need an internal DAC for my application. I listen to my Pro all the time and it sounds amazing with my Sony ES 5000 which has a fantastic internal DAC. However, if I didn't have a great DAC in my ES5000 and wanted an all in one option the Wiim Pro Plus would be high on the list.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I don't have a Pro Plus and don't need an internal DAC for my application. I listen to my Pro all the time and it sounds amazing with my Sony ES 5000 which has a fantastic internal DAC.
If you have a good DAC you don't need the plus. You are good to go with the pro.

C

cjlan01

Audiophyte
I wish wiim could add USB in/out ports in the Pro Plus model to support local music playback and PCM higher resolution beyond 24/192 and DSD (output to ext. DAC).

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I wish wiim could add USB in/out ports in the Pro Plus model to support local music playback and PCM higher resolution beyond 24/192 and DSD (output to ext. DAC).
Maybe WIIM will add USB ports in their next release. it seems like a logical upgrade.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I just bought the WiiM Amp to power the LS50's I just ordered. This will finally bridge the gap of my Roon setup and my Wife only ever asking that disembodied voice for music.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
$89.40 I didn't know this thread existed till I did a search...
WiiM Pro Wi-Fi Wireless Audio Streaming Multiroom Stereo Receiver Music Player
for $119.20 - 25% when you apply promo code RK25 at checkout = $89.40. Shipping is free.

dolsey01

dolsey01

Enthusiast
$89.40 I didn't know this thread existed till I did a search...
WiiM Pro Wi-Fi Wireless Audio Streaming Multiroom Stereo Receiver Music Player
for $119.20 - 25% when you apply promo code RK25 at checkout = $89.40. Shipping is free.
Looks like they didn't like that price, it's now $149

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Looks like they didn't like that price, it's now $149
You can still use the code they were 220, so still a good deal at $122. But of course keep checking the site they may lower the price again.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Any feedback on your Wiim amp? Have seen good reviews on YouTube.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis