Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Yes. I feel like I am paying for the technology and not the sound.

P

ParadiseSound

Audioholic Intern
I have all my devices, I.e. Directv receiver, Appletv, connected by hdmi to my Pioneer AVR. AVR by hdmi to Sony tv. Any video setting on my AVR has been left at default. HDMI Passthru is ON. Native Format is set to ON in the Directv Settings. With that said, if something on my tv screen looks cropped, especially on a Directv regular tv show, it’s because I have adjusted the tv picture using the Wide Mode button on the tv remote. That’s what I would check and keep that Denon AVR.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I have all my devices, I.e. Directv receiver, Appletv, connected by hdmi to my Pioneer AVR. AVR by hdmi to Sony tv. Any video setting on my AVR has been left at default. HDMI Passthru is ON. Native Format is set to ON in the Directv Settings. With that said, if something on my tv screen looks cropped, especially on a Directv regular tv show, it’s because I have adjusted the tv picture using the Wide Mode button on the tv remote. That’s what I would check and keep that Denon AVR.
I just took it all apart and reconnected everything just in case I missed something.

Samsung NU8000 connected via hdmi(4)ARC to monitor 1 on Denon.
Directv connected via hdmi to hdmi 1 cabl/ sat on Denon. Audio selection is Dolby.
Television does not allow digital audio output of Dolby setting, only pcm. Message says that it is only available via Arc????

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I just took it all apart and reconnected everything just in case I missed something.

Samsung NU8000 connected via hdmi(4)ARC to monitor 1 on Denon.
Directv connected via hdmi to hdmi 1 cabl/ sat on Denon. Audio selection is Dolby.
Television does not allow digital audio output of Dolby setting, only pcm. Message says that it is only available via Arc????
After 2.5 hours including time with Samsung support trying to determine why I couldn’t get Dolby out of the tv, I changed my hdmi cable to a premium high speed cable from Monoprice. I think it cost $5.
Picture clear, sound great, wife forbid me to make any more adjustments.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
But I must...no longer getting sound to the receiver using Netflix or Amazon Prime through the tv. I don’t understand why the sound from the tv regardless of source won’t pass through to the receiver.

My Options AFAIK are:
1: go back to a digital audio cable ant the tv audio output.
2: install external device, prime, Apple TV , and use the media player output
3. Use the streaming apps on the connected Blu-ray Player.

Is there anything I am forget?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis