Why Your Cat6/5e Network Cable is Slowing You Down: An Interview with Blue Jeans Cable

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
can I use CAT 6 cables on a CAT 5e network?

G

GregJG85

Audiophyte
i found this specific interview very informative though it is quite disheartening to know that there no licensing organisation that regulate the quality of network cable which is why i feel that consumers should really purchase their network cables to reputable companies that ensures quality and understands the needs of consumers - and not simply sell them items that costs more when there is an aletrnative.

case in point, Cat 5e is more suitable for personal use, though obviously, Cat 6 is of superior quality, but i would advise this for those who would use it for commercial purposes (unless of course the consumer is more than happy to purchase the Cat 6, which is roughly 30% more expensive than Cat 5e).

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Do you even know the difference between Cat5e, Cat6, Cat6A, Cat7 or the newer Cat 7A?
Calling someone an idiot seems a bit harsh when you don't know what your talking about.....

What's the difference between Beldon, Amp, CommScope?
Dost thou even tech? It's Belden.

T

Tonmoy

Audiophyte
The were Some Different between cat6 & cat5 cable.Some Time We have high speed Internet but we can"t got it properly speed for cable quality.it is very Important for Broadband User Find Best Category Cable.

Last edited by a moderator:
jinjuku

jinjuku

Do you even know the difference between Cat5e, Cat6, Cat6A, Cat7 or the newer Cat 7A?
Calling someone an idiot seems a bit harsh when you don't know what your talking about.....

What's the difference between Beldon, Amp, CommScope?
I know one difference: There currently isn't an ISO spec for Cat7. There is certainly no CAT7A.

Another difference is I know it's Belden not Beldon.

I've only ran 100 miles or so of structured data cabling since 94... That includes Thin/Thick net, Vampire taps, AppleTalk....

Fortunately as a CCNP and MCSE I know what I'm talking about :).

Lavorgna is a moron.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I've only ran 100 miles or so of structured data cabling since 94... That includes Thin/Thick net, Vampire taps, AppleTalk....

and you forgot to mention ring of tokens ;-)

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
I've only ran 100 miles or so of structured data cabling since 94... That includes Thin/Thick net, Vampire taps, AppleTalk.....
Big deal, one of our members (but he hasn't been around in a while) ran a quarter million kilometers (or maybe miles) of wires and cables in a big research center.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Big deal, one of our members (but he hasn't been around in a while) ran a quarter million kilometers (or maybe miles) of wires and cables in a big research center.
The neutron guy?

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I'm concerned jin's cables are slowing him down since he just responded to a May post today :eek::D

vsound5150

vsound5150

Audioholic
I'm curious if anyone has measured average data throughput to see what bandwidth different devices (NAS, Xbox, streaming, etc.) are truly demanding.

vsound5150

vsound5150

Audioholic
I was wondering because I once helped spec a security camera system upgrade for a company and they insisted all existing FastEthernet (100Mbps) network switches be replaced with Gbit to support the new cameras. But after checking video throughput at the switch ports their existing fixed 5 megapixel cameras were only running an average bitrate of 900Kbps. The Gbit switches would be overkill and a huge expense as Cisco products are not cheap including stacked modules. But first thought was cameras are eating up bandwidth in reality they weren't.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis